supplierdeeply

Powershot SX150 IS Porting Thread

• 279 Replies
Re: Powershot SX150 IS Porting Thread
« Reply #80 on: 27 / December / 2011, 00:00:26 »
Advertisements
I have been using chdk for a bit now and I am having trouble running scripts
I loaded the script fine and I decided to run the intervolmeter script so I loaded that ok and pressed the shutter button and then It only took one picture another one was not taken after that I have had the same problem with all the other scripts that I have tried they only take one picture (motion dection, hdr and another intervolomter script) I made a video of the problem with my capture card
http://www.mediafire.com/?vsqpe12bzbwh5qw (9.74 mb)

« Reply #81 on: 27 / December / 2011, 09:35:19 »
I have been using chdk for a bit now and I am having trouble running scripts
I loaded the script fine and I decided to run the intervolmeter script so I loaded that ok and pressed the shutter button and then It only took one picture another one was not taken after that I have had the same problem with all the other scripts that I have tried they only take one picture (motion dection, hdr and another intervolomter script) I made a video of the problem with my capture card
http://www.mediafire.com/?vsqpe12bzbwh5qw (9.74 mb)
The SX150IS port is very new - some things very well may not be working.

I can't get to the video link you posted.  The error message is :

Code: [Select]
Error: No servers are currently available with the requested data on them. Please retry your request in a moment. (-101)
It looks like that site is just trying to get me to watch more ads - it opens many "pop under" windows full of them.   I have added it to my list of banned spammer sites.  How about uploading the file to youtube.com or ww.box.com  and sharing it that way ?
« Last Edit: 27 / December / 2011, 09:41:24 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #82 on: 27 / December / 2011, 11:33:08 »
Sorry about that.I posted it on youtube here chdk glitch.avi

« Reply #83 on: 27 / December / 2011, 11:41:04 »
I loaded the script fine and I decided to run the intervolmeter script so I loaded that ok and pressed the shutter button and then It only took one picture another one was not taken after that I have had the same problem with all the other scripts that I have tried they only take one picture (motion dection, hdr and another intervolomter script).
The video looks okay - should have worked.  Might be a problem with the SX150IS port. 

Did you try running the uBasic version of those scipts (same name but with the extension .BAS rather than .LUA) ?

Also,  check to make sure you don't have any Remote parameter enabled - particularly Enable Sync Delay.
« Last Edit: 27 / December / 2011, 11:43:27 by waterwingz »

« Reply #84 on: 27 / December / 2011, 11:52:16 »
I did try the .bas version same thing and got the same results.Am I pressing the wrong button (I am pressing the shutter button all the way down)
and I checked the remote settings they were disabled.

« Reply #85 on: 27 / December / 2011, 13:13:15 »
I did try the .bas version same thing and got the same results.Am I pressing the wrong button (I am pressing the shutter button all the way down) and I checked the remote settings they were disabled.
You are pressing the right button - the shutter button.  Question :  you pressed and then released it though - did not keep holding it down ? Right ?

« Reply #86 on: 27 / December / 2011, 13:29:23 »
Yes I just pressed it for about a second then released it. I think your are right when you said it is the port that is causing this. Maybe chdk for sx150is is not able to take a picture on it's own yet without pressing the shutter button.

« Reply #87 on: 27 / December / 2011, 13:34:05 »
Try this simple uBasic script :
Code: [Select]
@title Shoot Test
shoot
sleep 2000
shoot
sleep 2000
shoot
sleep 2000
end

« Reply #88 on: 27 / December / 2011, 14:42:53 »
It only took one picture so the problem is that chdk is not able to shoot on it's own.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #89 on: 27 / December / 2011, 15:28:53 »
It only took one picture so the problem is that chdk is not able to shoot on it's own.
In alt mode, pressing the shutter just starts the script. You should just click it it, no need to hold down for any length of time. The fact that a shot is taken means that the script started and worked as far as the first shoot command. This suggest a problem with the shoot command knowning when the shot is done, although all the relevant variables seem to be OK according to the sig finder.

It would be good to hear from other sx150 users if they are able to run the intervalometer script (or ubtest.bast) with the current autobuild.

It seems like this would have been reported before if it always happened, so there may be some combination of of canon settings that trigger it. Review time, shooting mode and flash settings come to mind.
Don't forget what the H stands for.