Powershot SX150 IS Porting Thread - page 22 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum

Powershot SX150 IS Porting Thread

• 279 Replies

Offline srsa_4c

Re: Powershot SX150 IS Porting Thread
« Reply #210 on: 21 / November / 2012, 15:52:31 »
Advertisements
I have downloaded the 7z archive, but there is only diskboot.bin and not ps.fi2 . It's enought to overwrite the diskboot.bin i have on the card?
If you have a CHDK 1.1 release installed on the card, then you only need the new diskboot. Otherwise you need to overwrite the modules too. Note that you need to start CHDK with the bootable card method for the test version to work.

p.s. Could the problem be due to ? With brief shutter time i have never had a problem.
Many things can influence how fast the camera's internal image counter increases, dark frame subtraction might be one.

And a word of warning (don't know whether this applies to you, just in case): never mix up CHDK 1.1 and 1.2 installations, if you switch between them, always install the whole content of the release archive.

« Reply #211 on: 21 / November / 2012, 16:56:10 »
Thank you, copied diskboot.bin on top of 1.1 .

Tried with 11 shots and seems to work fine! I have 11 jpg and 11 dng!

I have tried:

10s
15s
tv bracketing 3 shots +- 1 1/3 ev around 15 s with 3s initial delay
tv bracketing 3 shots +- 1 1/3 ev around 2 s without delay
tv bracketing 3 shots +- 1 1/3 ev around 3.2 s without delay

« Reply #212 on: 24 / December / 2012, 01:12:30 »
i dont know if it is a small bug but....
if i connecte via ptp (dot net on pc) connect and then disconnect the camera properly resets.
however if i connect - take a picture - then disconnect, the camera does not reset. the lens remains extended
and trying to connect again via ptp fails. the camera needs to be shut down and restarted.

the same code works flawlessly on SX120, SX130 - that is that the camera resets when session.disconnect is done.

anything i can try to reset the camera manually.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #213 on: 24 / December / 2012, 16:55:55 »
if i connecte via ptp (dot net on pc) connect and then disconnect the camera properly resets.
What do you mean by "reset"? Connecting with PTP should not cause the camera to reset.

however if i connect - take a picture - then disconnect, the camera does not reset. the lens remains extended
and trying to connect again via ptp fails. the camera needs to be shut down and restarted.
How are you shooting? Do you switch back to play mode before disconnecting?

Have you tried ptpcam or chdkptp instead of dot net?
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #214 on: 20 / January / 2013, 09:02:25 »
Has anyone created a Lens profile for the sx150is for lightroom?

« Reply #215 on: 01 / February / 2013, 05:16:17 »
What do you mean by "reset"? Connecting with PTP should not cause the camera to reset.

How are you shooting? Do you switch back to play mode before disconnecting?

Have you tried ptpcam or chdkptp instead of dot net?
sorry for being so late in answering ... if i use CHDK on an SX120 and connect to the camera via ptp and switch to recording mode the lens extends and i can get a live preview. i can shoot and when i disconnect the ptp interface (session.disconnect()) the lens receeds and the camera is ready for the next session.

however if i connect the same code to SX150 and take a shot then do a session.disconnect() the lens does not receed and the camer does not reconnect if i restart the program - the camera needs to turn off and then on to reconnect. however if i do not take a shot the camera behaves normally and the lens closes and the camera reconnects if the program is restarted

yes i switch back to play mode before disconnecting

« Reply #216 on: 01 / February / 2013, 06:19:24 »
on further probe i have found that the above behaviour is manifested when i am doing a
shoot()
download file
os.remove('filename')

if i skip the os.remove() to immediately delete the file the camera reconnects properly. also a 'deleteAllFiles' during the next connection does not recreate the problem.

« Reply #217 on: 03 / April / 2013, 19:00:28 »
Hi,
I just noticed that my SX150 running build 1714 crashes immediately when making a video.  This does not happen using a 4gb card, but does with a 16gb card.  Has anyone seen  this?  I would rather stay with 1714 as I have some modifications to it that I use.

EDIT: Does not happen with build 2661.

Jon
« Last Edit: 03 / April / 2013, 19:19:48 by hiker_jon »

« Reply #218 on: 03 / April / 2013, 21:15:17 »
Leading to the conclusion that something good happened between builds 1714 & 2661 and there is no ongoing problem here?

What changes did you have in 1714 that were important to you?
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #219 on: 03 / April / 2013, 21:45:32 »
Hi,
I have some stereo display and image processing features that I like.  It is not at all easy for me to figure out how to add this to the newer builds.  I guess I am hoping that someone who found this bug will remember what he/she did.  Strange that it does not happen for 4gb.

Jon

Leading to the conclusion that something good happened between builds 1714 & 2661 and there is no ongoing problem here?

What changes did you have in 1714 that were important to you?