SX40HS porting thread - page 22 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

SX40HS porting thread

• 258 Replies
Re: SX40HS porting thread
« Reply #210 on: 07 / November / 2012, 13:27:16 »
Advertisements
Please, which script should I use to take pictures of storms?
I want to put the camera on the tripod and let it record the lightning alone.
I know have a script that makes capturing photos in motion sensor.
I appreciate the help.

(Sorry my bad english, im speak portuguese only.)
SX40HS

« Reply #211 on: 07 / November / 2012, 14:04:04 »
Please, which script should I use to take pictures of storms?
I want to put the camera on the tripod and let it record the lightning alone.
I know have a script that makes capturing photos in motion sensor.
http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Motion_Detection
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #212 on: 07 / November / 2012, 15:04:50 »
Thanks !! :D
SX40HS

« Reply #213 on: 17 / November / 2012, 12:40:37 »
I'm planning to port CHDK in my SX 40. Has anyone till date encounter any issue or has caused any problem to your camera. The reason I'm asking is because its in BETA stage.

I have read quite on the instruction and guide. But wanted to know can I port CHDK without formatting my card ?

« Reply #214 on: 17 / November / 2012, 12:54:18 »
I'm planning to port CHDK in my SX 40.
I think you mean to say that you plan to "install" CHDK on your SX40 ?

Has anyone till date encounter any issue or has caused any problem to your camera. The reason I'm asking is because its in BETA stage.
The BETA designation is pretty arbitrary.  Its up to the original person who did the port and often never gets changed once the port is released.  The best indicator of the status of a particular port of CHDK is to read the porting thread and look for bug reports / problems that are not fixed.

I have read quite on the instruction and guide. But wanted to know can I port CHDK without formatting my card ?
If you use the "firmware update" method of loading CHDK then you do not need to format your card.
http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Prepare_your_SD_card#Firmware_Update_Method.2A

« Reply #215 on: 17 / November / 2012, 13:11:10 »
I'm planning to port CHDK in my SX 40.
I think you mean to say that you plan to "install" CHDK on your SX40 ?
Yes. I meant install. what is the diff btw port and install. I thought both were same.

Has anyone till date encounter any issue or has caused any problem to your camera. The reason I'm asking is because its in BETA stage.
The BETA designation is pretty arbitrary.  Its up to the original person who did the port and often never gets changed once the port is released.  The best indicator of the status of a particular port of CHDK is to read the porting thread and look for bug reports / problems that are not fixed.
Where can I find the porting thread. The link I was redirected to was this itself.

If you use the "firmware update" method of loading CHDK then you do not need to format your card.
http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Prepare_your_SD_card#Firmware_Update_Method.2A

Thanks

« Reply #216 on: 17 / November / 2012, 14:19:41 »
Yes. I meant install. what is the diff btw port and install. I thought both were same.
Porting means converting the CHDK code used on one camera model so that it will work on another camera model.  Installing means loading the completed CHDK code onto your SD card so that you can run CHDK.

I only pointed that out because you might have been thinking about writing code for your own "port"  (although I was pretty sure that's not what you meant).

Where can I find the porting thread. The link I was redirected to was this itself.
This is the porting thread -  you are posting in it.  If you go back and read through all 15 pages you will get a pretty good sense of the status of the port.  (Hint :  use the Print button at the upper right of this page to display all the posts on one page for faster reading).

« Reply #217 on: 20 / November / 2012, 14:36:30 »
Is there a way to extend the slow motion video duration?
Also, has anyone automatized the RAW file editing yet?

Offline dvip

« Reply #218 on: 22 / November / 2012, 00:45:16 »
>Is there a way to extend the slow motion video duration?

Nope

>Also, has anyone automatized the RAW file editing yet?

You may want to try RawTherapee (http://rawtherapee.com/).
They have a forum too:
http://rawtherapee.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1

I returned my SX40, the camera was very good but my copy had some problems.
I may buy it again... or wait :)

For now, I am back to my A590is and chdk :)

« Reply #219 on: 25 / November / 2012, 16:53:51 »
Rather a low tech solution, but the sx40 has a strange mode called 'Movie digest' where it records a low resolution (640 x 480) film for 2 to 4 seconds BEFORE the button is pressed to take a picture, so almost no matter how slow your motion detection script is you will have a film of that flash of lightning which triggered the picture to be taken!  Sadly no matter what I have tried setting in CHDK I cannot change the resolution of the film taken.
BillBal