port for A3300IS / what reference port to use? - page 8 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

port for A3300IS / what reference port to use?

• 289 Replies
Re: Re: port for A3300IS / what reference port to use?
« Reply #70 on: 31 / December / 2011, 17:46:47 »
Advertisements
So what u mentioned about the mykbd_task() , is that something I need to make work then?

Does that mean I have to re-comment line 360 and try to get it to work?
yes & yes
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Re: port for A3300IS / what reference port to use?
« Reply #71 on: 31 / December / 2011, 17:53:05 »
Any sugguestions what might be wrong?

Is the issue in the boot.c file?

Or can it still be in the kbd.c even though those values match my firmware?

And is this why I only see the black and white logo for a second or 2 and then garbled dotted lines flicker on and off?

« Reply #72 on: 31 / December / 2011, 18:07:36 »
Any sugguestions what might be wrong?
Ummm ... no, sorry.  Just keep working your process of elimination but start looking a kbd.c.  Put the LED single line blink statement at the start of mykbd_task() in kbd.c

Is the issue in the boot.c file?
I might be.

Or can it still be in the kbd.c even though those values match my firmware?
Did you update the keymap values at the top ?

And is this why I only see the black and white logo for a second or 2 and then garbled dotted lines flicker on and off?
That usually means you have mistakes in your video buffer assignments in lib.c

« Reply #73 on: 31 / December / 2011, 18:11:06 »
Ok, got it going, it was the last line in that function, the continue in firmware address was still the a2200 address, lol.

Ok, so what is next thing I should mess with?

And by the way, thanks for all this awsome help, could not of done it without you!!!

« Reply #74 on: 31 / December / 2011, 18:24:46 »
Ok, got it going, it was the last line in that function, the continue in firmware address was still the a2200 address, lol.
ahem ... pebkab

Everything after line 393 can be deleted (or left commented out).  The code returns to running in ROM at that point. Make sure you have the address right of coarse.

Code: [Select]
"B sub_FF83426C \n" // added, continue in firmware

« Reply #75 on: 31 / December / 2011, 18:27:27 »
Ok, so what is next thing I should mess with?

Now you need to get capt_seq.c and movie_rec.c done.  Movie_rec.c is a lot of work and only get you the ability to do manual zoom and change the "quality" level somewhat.   Capt_seq.c is where all the shooting magic hides.

« Reply #76 on: 31 / December / 2011, 19:34:05 »
ok, will the screen display be most likely fixed when those files are done?

or can i try to fix that now somewhere else?

and so funny how even though you reminded me to check that darn code, i still missed it, i was so focused on ever address but that one, i was sure it was right till i moved your new led code around and pinpointed it.

« Reply #77 on: 31 / December / 2011, 19:48:00 »
ok, will the screen display be most likely fixed when those files are done? or can i try to fix that now somewhere else?
No - the screen display setup is almost all in lib.c & platform_camera.h  - you need to get that right for a bunch of things to work.  I'd do that before worrying about the other tasks.

and so funny how even though you reminded me to check that darn code, i still missed it, i was so focused on ever address but that one, i was sure it was right till i moved your new led code around and pinpointed it.
For somebody who claims to have no programming experience,  you've done amazingly well so far.

« Reply #78 on: 31 / December / 2011, 20:06:43 »
Wow!! thanku, that helps motivate me to keep going, thank u very much but i would be nowhere without ur help!!!

And yeah, I kinda want to get the screen working first, just seeing it will keep me motivated for sure just like seeing the chdk logo did, but now seeing those ugly dotted lines popping up on and off makes me want to fix that first.

« Reply #79 on: 31 / December / 2011, 20:34:37 »
And yeah, I kinda want to get the screen working first, just seeing it will keep me motivated for sure just like seeing the chdk logo did, but now seeing those ugly dotted lines popping up on and off makes me want to fix that first.
Once you get the screen working,  you can use it to print debug messages (instead of blinking LED's).