port for A3300IS / what reference port to use? - page 10 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

port for A3300IS / what reference port to use?

• 289 Replies
Re: port for A3300IS / what reference port to use?
« Reply #90 on: 01 / January / 2012, 03:42:51 »
Advertisements
Ok, I just wish I can get some debug info on screen so I can tell something is happening, I just cant see anything wrong in the code that is making text or anything not show, logo shows fine though.

Im just blank right now, I just dont see anything to mess with that will make the menu show, bad part about being a newbie, can only go so far I guess till it gets to where big time experience needs to take over.

« Reply #91 on: 01 / January / 2012, 09:34:55 »
Ok, I just wish I can get some debug info on screen so I can tell something is happening, I just cant see anything wrong in the code that is making text or anything not show, logo shows fine though.
Zip up your platform/a3300 directory and subdirectories and sent it to me.  I'll take a look.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #92 on: 01 / January / 2012, 11:08:12 »
Dude!!! Thanks, I hope it doesnt drive u nuts or anything trying to figure out my newbie issue, but man, its much appreciated.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/fde96rezdc48993/a3300is.zip

By the way, I have no clue if it was right, but I put my cam in the same ztable as the a2200, chdk-shell wanted it in one to compile so I put it in the same section as the ref cam.
« Last Edit: 01 / January / 2012, 11:10:31 by mk11174 »

« Reply #93 on: 01 / January / 2012, 11:29:02 »
By the way, I have no clue if it was right, but I put my cam in the same ztable as the a2200, chdk-shell wanted it in one to compile so I put it in the same section as the ref cam.
The ztable stuff is only used by USB remote code when it attempts to zoom.  Some / most of  the camera defs in there are cleary wrong.  Ignore it for now.

« Reply #94 on: 01 / January / 2012, 11:49:25 »
Thanks, I hope it doesnt drive u nuts or anything trying to figure out my newbie issue, but man, its much appreciated.
Before I go any farther,  the stubs_entry.S and stubs_entry_2.S files you sent me seem to be out of sync.  Did you build this with OPT_GEN_SIGS and OPT_GEN_STUBS enabled in the CHDK-Shell Compile Options ?

Before you redo that though,  go into stubs_entry_2.S and delete everything except the first line.  Rebuild.  If you get errors for stubs missing, add that stub (and only that stub) back to stubs_entry_2.S - but use NHSTUB() to define it rather than the NSTUB()'s that are in there now.  Repeat this process until you get a clean compile again.

Rezip and sent to me.

« Reply #95 on: 01 / January / 2012, 12:21:05 »
ok, ill try that now.

just to note: To make the stubs_entry_2, I built it while using the sx220 as ref, when i switched over to a2200 and tried to build it, my stubs were all deleted with chdk-shell and saying "../../../../tools/finsig_dryos: ../../../../tools/finsig_dryos: cannot execute binary file"  and the a2200 had the same issue, so i then just took all the NHSTUBs found in the stubs_entry file from when I compiled in CH-DK while referencing from sx220 and made a stubs_entry_2 from that, uncommenting everything of coarse and changing the NHSTUB to NSTUB

I never did figure out why i cant compile while the create stubs option is checked and why it deletes all the info in the file??
« Last Edit: 01 / January / 2012, 12:29:19 by mk11174 »

« Reply #96 on: 01 / January / 2012, 12:51:23 »
I never did figure out why i cant compile while the create stubs option is checked and why it deletes all the info in the file??
Oh dear - where do I start.

The CHDK build process creates the file stubs_entry.S for you automatically - you don't need to create or edit that file.  Ever.

As it generates that file for you, it will also delete the previous version each time you build.

However, you need OPT_GEN_SIGS and OPT_GEN_STUBS enabled for it to work.

There is a whole lot of good stuff in stubs_entry.S (most of which was added in the last 9 months or so and is not really explained in the CHDK documentation).   You need to study it a bit - it gives you values to put in kbd.c,  stub_min.c and lib.c among other things.

If the build cannot find a specific stubs value (increasingly rare - used to be less that 50%) then you need to find it and put it into stubs_entry_2.S.

So re-enable the build,  delete the stuff in stubs_entry_2.s like I told you to and rebuild.

« Reply #97 on: 01 / January / 2012, 13:05:48 »
I just tried again, keeping the first line like you said, still get the error, the a2200 and mine since i ref from it are the only ones that have this issue in chdk, when i used sx220 as ref the sig and stub gen worked fine, it generated everything just fine and all other builds i tested to see if it was chdk still have no issues, just something with a2200 thats not allowing them to work right, I was thinking the stubs_entry_2 file generated while i used the sx220 as my ref was good enough to use, the generated file is the stubs_entry.s file so i used all that data and ported it into the libc. , kbd.c , movie_rec.c , and boot.c files. and plus any files in the stubs.min i went and found in my firmware manually to change to the correct addreses. As far as the movie_rec. and boot.c file, all addresses in there i just manually went into the firmware and corrected them all to my firmware addreses. So the only data i actually used from the stubs_entry.s file that was made while in the sx220 ref, was the lib.c , kbd.c .

Have any idea why this port crashes, is there something in the core that needs to be changed for a2200 and mine to generate stubs correctly?

Or do i need to go back to using the sx220 as my ref?

« Reply #98 on: 01 / January / 2012, 13:39:21 »
I just tried again, keeping the first line like you said, still get the error
Sentences ?  Remember them?

Anyway - what error ?  cut & paste the exact text here ...

« Reply #99 on: 01 / January / 2012, 13:54:48 »
Sorry, I thought you just wanted the actual questions seperated, I just had much to try to explain and didnt know how to get it all out.

Anyways, I started fresh right from a2200 as my ref to show you before I touch anything.

I copied both platform and loader folders and renamed them.

I added my cam to the CSV.

I corrected the makefile.inc with my cam ID.

And added my dump to the Platform/Sub/100a folder.

I reinstalled chdk to get clean version just in case.

This is what I get so far.

========== E:\CHDK2\TRUNK\TRUNK2200\BIN\LOGS\ERR-A3300-100A.TXT ==========

../../../../tools/finsig_dryos: ../../../../tools/finsig_dryos: cannot execute binary file
kbd.c: In function 'kbd_process':
kbd.c:457: error: 'ZSTEP_TABLE_SIZE' undeclared (first use in this function)
kbd.c:457: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
kbd.c:457: error: for each function it appears in.)
kbd.c:458: error: 'nTxtbl' undeclared (first use in this function)
E:\CHDK2\gcc4\bin\gmake.exe[1]: *** [kbd.o] Error 1
gmake: *** [all-recursive] Error 1