port for A3300IS / what reference port to use? - page 14 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

port for A3300IS / what reference port to use?

• 289 Replies
Re: port for A3300IS / what reference port to use?
« Reply #130 on: 01 / January / 2012, 19:24:05 »
Advertisements
By the way!!! Dude, you ROCK!!! that did it, I can access CHDK menu.

I didnt mess with it yet cause I forgot to disable the debug light so I am re-compiling, but so far so good!!!

« Reply #131 on: 01 / January / 2012, 19:37:00 »
Where does that number come from, when looking at it in the dump, I see where the Levent value is and the 2 is from at start of line.  Where does the 0x00000030 come from if its easy to explain?
Its essentially an image of the input hardware of the camera - google memory-mapped I/O if you want to know how that works.    There are three 32 bit words whose bits change state as things happen with the camera hardware - including the various switches being pressed.  So the first number tells CHDK which of the three words to look at and the second number defines the bits to check.  In the case I posted, it looks for the bits from both the DISP and SET switch to be active at the same time.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #132 on: 01 / January / 2012, 19:41:31 »
Ok, since I have never used CHDK before, is it normal for the real camera menus to be controlled while going through the CHDK menu?

As I scroll through the CHDK menu I see like when I press down which is cam trash button, its trying to erase the image?

I guess I need to tweak the CHDK pallette, when I scroll through and get where the filemanager area is, the background is white so I only see the items when its highlighted.

It seems to be ok though, It freezes cam in shoot mode when I try to load CHDK menu, but good in play mode.

I am guessing its because all my files are not fully ported yet?

« Reply #133 on: 01 / January / 2012, 19:49:18 »
Ok, since I have never used CHDK before, is it normal for the real camera menus to be controlled while going through the CHDK menu?
No - that's a bug. 

I guess I need to tweak the CHDK pallette, when I scroll through and get where the filemanager area is, the background is white so I only see the items when its highlighted.
You can change the palete number used in your platform_camera.h file.  Look at core/gui_draw.h for available choice.   I had to add

#define SCREEN_COLOR        0x15   // try for a dark color in both record and play mode

to palette 2 to deal with the white on white effect you saw.

It seems to be ok though, It freezes cam in shoot mode when I try to load CHDK menu, but good in play mode.
I am guessing its because all my files are not fully ported yet?
Well,  I don't want to rain on your parade but the bugs get harder from here.   But first you need to finish and enable capt_seq.c and movie_rec.c.

« Reply #134 on: 01 / January / 2012, 20:03:54 »
I understand, bugs are normal part of this kinda stuff, just cool to get it to load.

Now its gonna be the long boring part of getting that capt file done, already did the movie_rec file.

« Reply #135 on: 01 / January / 2012, 20:15:40 »
Now its gonna be the long boring part of getting that capt file done, already did the movie_rec file.
While you are at it, delete this line from stubs_entry_2.s :

Code: [Select]
NHSTUB(mkdir, 0xff837214)

« Reply #136 on: 01 / January / 2012, 20:33:57 »
Gothcha, 8]

« Reply #137 on: 01 / January / 2012, 21:05:20 »
colors are fixed can see fine now 8]

« Reply #138 on: 01 / January / 2012, 23:27:10 »
Can you tell me how I would go about enabling the OSD debug?

I read about it, uncommenting it in gui.c which I did.

It said to remove the 1st if statement in that function, I dont know which they mean though?

I am trying to get the values of the modemap like it says on the adding support page.

« Reply #139 on: 01 / January / 2012, 23:34:09 »
Can you tell me how I would go about enabling the OSD debug?
I believe its enabled by default.

I am trying to get the values of the modemap like it says on the adding support page.
The modemap values are in stub_entry.S.  You don' t need them to be correct right now - they are only used in scripts to query the current mode dial state of the camera.