a few enhancements, bugfixes - done - page 6 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Poll

Day Light saving time option, watcha think about it?

Whats DST? (dont need it)
1 (4.8%)
gimme gimme gimme (need it)
5 (23.8%)
Just a hint twice a year is sufficient
4 (19%)
might be useful
10 (47.6%)
can it cure STDs?
1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 20

a few enhancements, bugfixes - done

• 88 Replies

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
Re: a few enhancements, bugfixes
« Reply #50 on: 16 / March / 2008, 09:41:07 »
Advertisements
update: Allbest beat me to it, in Changeset 331 - chdk - Trac

played around a bit, now both get_jpg_count & get_raw_count work in scripts, so now you can enhance your HDR scripts with a function like: "if raw count < 5 then end" or something, use your imagination.

however, i only achieved this by throwing errors at compile time (after fresh gmake clean), which have to be resolved before i will hand this to allbest.

will atach diff that has my changes from previous post included plus the raw/jpg counter in ubasic. in order to use this on your camera, you have to edit your platforms lib.c file (according to what i did to my a620's lib.c).

devs & c gurus, please comment and suggest what should be done to avoid this error, as i hate throwing errors at compilation, even though those are only warnings, not errors.
if these errors have been resolved i consider this thread pretty much done, as soon as it's "bug-free-ness" is confirmed. would have to do another thread about DST, to not mix topics.

errors:
ubasic.c: In function `get_jpg_count_statement':
ubasic.c:1153: warning: implicit declaration of function `GetJpgCount'
ubasic.c: In function `get_raw_count_statement':
ubasic.c:1162: warning: implicit declaration of function `GetRawCount'
lib.c: In function `camera_jpeg_count_str':
lib.c:64: warning: return makes pointer from integer without a cast
In file included from wrappers.c:1:
../generic/wrappers.c: In function `GetJpgCount':
../generic/wrappers.c:451: warning: return makes integer from pointer without a cast
gui_osd.c: In function `gui_osd_draw_raw_info':
gui_osd.c:655: warning: assignment makes integer from pointer without a cast

i'm sure this is just a small issue for you guys. also i didnt feel so well to include stdlib in lib.c, any opinions on that?
« Last Edit: 16 / March / 2008, 17:31:39 by PhyrePhoX »

« Reply #51 on: 16 / March / 2008, 12:58:20 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 13:38:57 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #52 on: 16 / March / 2008, 17:38:33 »
allbest included get_raw_count & get_jpg_count in his latest revision, so no need for my crappy code, just to let you know :)

barney, i will add a menu item which you can use to choose indication of am/pm, good idea.
but why do you suggest using a smaller font? the font only is used in the menu, isnt it? smaller font didnt have any effect on clock size, but maybe i did something wrong.

concerning dst: yes you are right, it isnt really needed. on the other hand, i always forget setting the clock in the camera, i *could* write a function that uses your (defined) country's set of rules (regarding DST) to display a message ala "hey dude, its that time of the year again, set the clock!" twice a year. hm. postponed.
thanks for your input and constant betatesting. i guess there wil be a chdk switcher soon, will make testing more fun and efficient :)

idea: i could make a toggle regarding as to what you would like to disappear when you half press shutter. if people want this, i will do it. not on high priority though :)
« Last Edit: 16 / March / 2008, 17:40:53 by PhyrePhoX »

« Reply #53 on: 16 / March / 2008, 20:30:32 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 13:39:21 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

Offline Jucifer

• [A710IS]
« Reply #54 on: 17 / March / 2008, 03:49:22 »
I concur. If displaying seconds is selected, always show them when in record mode.

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #55 on: 17 / March / 2008, 16:57:35 »
okay, two new options to clock menu will be added:

12h identifier: AM/A/.
show @ halfpress: Full / Seconds / none.
y'all concur?

edit: added poll.
« Last Edit: 17 / March / 2008, 17:04:37 by PhyrePhoX »

Offline zdravko

• [ S3 IS ]
« Reply #56 on: 17 / March / 2008, 17:58:59 »
About the dayling saving option...

Long time ago I wanted the time used by CHDK to "match" the camera clock. I don't really care about the OSD clock. But the time CHDK uses to save the RAW files is the "base" time, without daylight saving option applied. When I download the photos to my computer, it is a bit confusing to have the JPEGs and their corresponding RAWs with one hour difference (when DST is in effect). One other thing to consider - I do not know about the other PowerShots, but at least S3IS has "Home" and "Trip" time and I use these options when I travel abroad. It would be really great if somebody manages to make the time used by CHDK be the same as the time camera uses when saving the JPEG files (i.e. DST and/or "Trip" difference applied, if set).

Regards,
Zdravko

« Reply #57 on: 18 / March / 2008, 00:41:50 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 13:39:46 by Barney Fife »

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #58 on: 18 / March / 2008, 05:29:44 »
well, DST i cannot test, as my cam only has one clock, i cant set an extra timezone or dst via canon menu :(

attached binaries for a620 & s3is with new features:

in clock menu you can now set 12h identifier and also you can set what you want to see when you halfpress the shutter. comments welcome :)

Offline GrAnd

• [A610, S3IS]
    • CHDK
« Reply #59 on: 18 / March / 2008, 05:50:29 »
The struct "tm"
Code: (c) [Select]
struct tm
        {
        int tm_sec;     /* seconds after the minute     - [0, 59] */
        int tm_min;     /* minutes after the hour       - [0, 59] */
        int tm_hour;    /* hours after midnight         - [0, 23] */
        int tm_mday;    /* day of the month             - [1, 31] */
        int tm_mon;     /* months since January         - [0, 11] */
        int tm_year;    /* years since 1900     */
        int tm_wday;    /* days since Sunday            - [0, 6] */
        int tm_yday;    /* days since January 1         - [0, 365] */
        int tm_isdst;   /* Daylight Saving Time flag */
        };
has DST flag in it. So, you can just add the value of the flag to tm_hour.
CHDK Developer.