a few enhancements, bugfixes - done - page 7 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum  

Poll

Day Light saving time option, watcha think about it?

Whats DST? (dont need it)
1 (4.8%)
gimme gimme gimme (need it)
5 (23.8%)
Just a hint twice a year is sufficient
4 (19%)
might be useful
10 (47.6%)
can it cure STDs?
1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 20

a few enhancements, bugfixes - done

• 88 Replies

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
Re: a few enhancements, bugfixes
« Reply #60 on: 18 / March / 2008, 06:58:32 »
Advertisements
Thanks grAnd.adding the value ismnt enough though,since 24+1 is 25 ;)
ok so i will find a way to fulfill all needs.
One thing though,grand,how can you apply dst to the raw file (like reported a few posts above)?can you take care of it or tell me how to do it? I guess the answer lies in either raw.c or lolevel.c,eh?

Offline GrAnd

• [A610, S3IS]
    • CHDK
« Reply #61 on: 18 / March / 2008, 07:51:31 »
Thanks grAnd.adding the value ismnt enough though,since 24+1 is 25 ;)

Ok. Get the remainder of the result divided by 24. :)

One thing though,grand,how can you apply dst to the raw file (like reported a few posts above)?can you take care of it or tell me how to do it? I guess the answer lies in either raw.c or lolevel.c,eh?

raw.c file:
        t.actime = t.modtime = time(NULL);
Just add 3600 seconds if DST flag is set.
CHDK Developer.

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #62 on: 18 / March / 2008, 08:31:07 »
ok, will try to do that.
what about the "trip time" zdravko talks about?
 One other thing to consider - I do not know about the other PowerShots, but at least S3IS has "Home" and "Trip" time and I use these options when I travel abroad. It would be really great if somebody manages to make the time used by CHDK be the same as the time camera uses when saving the JPEG files (i.e. DST and/or "Trip" difference applied, if set).

Offline GrAnd

• [A610, S3IS]
    • CHDK
« Reply #63 on: 18 / March / 2008, 08:51:30 »
what about the "trip time" zdravko talks about?

I have no idea how the "trip time" correlates with camera OS time (which is used in CHDK).
CHDK Developer.

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #64 on: 18 / March / 2008, 08:59:26 »
maybe it also is in tm_isdst ?
anyways, will ignore travel time and concentrate on Summertime & raw saving first.

edit: downloaded & read s3is manual. now i fully understand the traveltime feature.
however, i cannot test my code, maybe one of you can send me a sample s3is so i can implement that feature even faster... come on, please :D

2nd edit: grand, tm_isdst can either be 1 or 0, as in summertime or wintertime, right? can you confirm this? can you also confirm that tm_isdst doesnt change when you "activate" another timezone/traveltime?
« Last Edit: 18 / March / 2008, 09:07:11 by PhyrePhoX »

Offline wontolla

• S3 & G9 & A720
« Reply #65 on: 18 / March / 2008, 09:45:37 »
Darn!, It's been only 48hrs since my last login and the discussion of AM/PM clock has begun and end.
Great stuff PhyrePhox!, I find this really helpful. I hate 24hrs clocks and I am ready to pay with real-states acres for the AM/PM option.

however, i cannot test my code, maybe one of you can send me a sample s3is so i can implement that feature even faster... come on, please :D

Hey!, I can do something. What do you mean by "sample"?

I have no idea how to see where the traveltime feature stores both clocks. May be I can wait until you finish with Summertime and RAW to study your code and see what can be done.

edit:Hummmm, should I print in the screen the "tm_isdst" and see if it changes when I modify the traveltime?
« Last Edit: 18 / March / 2008, 09:47:52 by wontolla »

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #66 on: 18 / March / 2008, 10:01:55 »

Hey!, I can do something. What do you mean by "sample"?

I have no idea how to see where the traveltime feature stores both clocks. May be I can wait until you finish with Summertime and RAW to study your code and see what can be done.

edit:Hummmm, should I print in the screen the "tm_isdst" and see if it changes when I modify the traveltime?

hehe, by sample i mean an s3is sent to me. if you have a spare s3is, i'd be glad to take care of it :D

printing tm_isdst to screen is a good idea to start with.

will post new code & binaries later, as soon as ewavr updated trunk.

edit: darn, just found out hoya isnt producing those IR filters anymore, can't order it anywhere, damnit :(
« Last Edit: 18 / March / 2008, 10:12:32 by PhyrePhoX »

« Reply #67 on: 18 / March / 2008, 14:45:08 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 13:40:22 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #68 on: 18 / March / 2008, 16:51:00 »
attached diff to #332 (will give that allbest).
sorry barney, no "." in front as of now, would require more changes. though i guess somebody has to look at my code i produced in the clock function anyway, as it's huge.
no matter where you stick the clock now, if you enable seconds to be shown on shutter halfpress, they will be always at the edge.

will compile for all platforms, maybe include wontollas raw_purge as well. there havent been "official releases" for a long time now, this way people also can use ewavrs new video zoom function for example.

thanks for the info on the IR filter, will check that out. although a filter with a thread is much more convenient and longer lasting. we'll see.

oh and before i forget: there is no DST in the code yet, i need either wontollas or grAnds confirmation on how it works in detail first. so, it's just a matter of time.

edit: added additional diff for raw_purge (apply after my first diff), plus optical zoom in video enabled for a620.

edit2: link to zip with 33 binaries: zSHARE - 334_enhancements_purgeraw.zip

edit3: updated to official revision #334, diffs remain the same
« Last Edit: 19 / March / 2008, 02:48:07 by PhyrePhoX »

Offline carlos

• A640
Re: Hoya IR filter
« Reply #69 on: 18 / March / 2008, 16:54:29 »
PhyrePhoX; " ......... hoya isnt producing those IR filters anymore ........ "

Hoya states they will run production on R72 IR late May, '08.

Not a rumor!

Best,

carlos