Canon's "Motion Detection" feature in the newest camera models. - General Chat - CHDK Forum

Canon's "Motion Detection" feature in the newest camera models.

• 4 Replies

Offline GrAnd

• [A610, S3IS]
    • CHDK
Advertisements
FIY. Just noticed...

Canon added a feature to the recent produced cameras and called it "Motion Detection". :)
PowerShot A590 IS Motion Detection Technology

But that feature does something different from mx3's one.
CHDK Developer.

Offline a710is

• A710 IS
Re: Canon's "Motion Detection" feature in the newest camera models.
« Reply #1 on: 04 / March / 2008, 03:24:53 »
well the SD 1100 IS has both MD and timelapse :D
I don't know if any other SD had timelapse :)
« Last Edit: 04 / March / 2008, 03:28:00 by a710is »

Offline dzsemx

• [SX40HS][A650][A630]
« Reply #2 on: 04 / March / 2008, 04:39:44 »
yeah... motion detection... something like that i suggested to modify auto iso mode to keep shutter speed high with lowest iso possible

Offline Kalli

• A620, SX10 IS
« Reply #3 on: 04 / March / 2008, 05:19:05 »
yeah... motion detection... something like that i suggested to modify auto iso mode to keep shutter speed high with lowest iso possible
...that means when we use mx3's MD we should select highest possible ISO to get fastest shutter speed and best sharpness...?

Offline fudgey

• a570is
« Reply #4 on: 07 / March / 2008, 18:29:27 »
As far as I can tell it's a helper for taking point-and-shoot pictures in automatic modes... i.e. something like "if and only if there is motion when you're half-shuttering, use a faster shutter speed and higher ISO, otherwise try to minimize noise using lower ISO".

Maybe we could try to simulate this using a script... when half shuttering, the script would let the camera auto exposure and then launch md_detect_motion with a very short timeout and if motion was detected, override shutter speed and ISO. Either Shooting should be tied to a button (or half-shutter tied to the trashcan button and full shutter to half-shutter or whatever).

I fear this might be painfully slow, though...