Where is the Language File? (was: Re: Albest's build (Overview) ----- v.11 Dez-14) - AllBest's Builds - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Where is the Language File? (was: Re: Albest's build (Overview) ----- v.11 Dez-14)

• 7 Replies

Offline bugbear

• A630
    • woodwork on geocities
Advertisements
I've checked the wiki, and come up empty; where is the use (and location) of the language file detailed?

BugBear

Offline wontolla

• S3 & G9 & A720

Offline bugbear

• A630
    • woodwork on geocities
Index of /chdk/

Yep, I'd already found the file, but not documentation on its use.

Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 13:30:45 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

Offline bugbear

• A630
    • woodwork on geocities
CHDK Wikia: Languages  The link to that page is on the homepage for CHDK in the "Basic Articles" section. (RTFM!)

Always try to use the language file the author provides for his particular build, rather than one of the generic ones from tha Languages page, as those aren't updated to reflect the myriad builds of CHDK. While they will still work for most of the menus and features, many of the builds have features (menu options) that aren't covered by the generic language files posted there.

I tried to read the manual, but the wiki is rather rambling and sprawling; I used google to search the wiki for "Language file" and did not find the page you refer to.

Thanks for your help though - that IS is the information I need.

BugBear

Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 13:31:04 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

Offline bugbear

• A630
    • woodwork on geocities
  You should have been here a year ago when CHDK information was spread across 20 different forums in 1000s of separate threads. That was lots of fun.

Why is the information (and the various builds) so "all over the place"? It's unlike any other open source project I've ever encountered.

BugBear

Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 13:31:22 by Barney Fife »