More MyColor options in A720IS - Feature Requests - CHDK Forum  

More MyColor options in A720IS

• 5 Replies

Offline wap4

• A720IS
More MyColor options in A720IS
« on: 05 / March / 2008, 11:31:35 »
Advertisements
 Everyone knows that canon has crippled the MyColors functionality in A720IS,also probably in A650IS. :(
 Is there any way to unlock these features? (These are hidden in the firmware,I suspect)

« Last Edit: 05 / March / 2008, 11:34:14 by wap4 »

Re: More MyColor options in A720IS
« Reply #1 on: 05 / March / 2008, 12:23:07 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 13:51:42 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

« Reply #2 on: 07 / March / 2008, 07:08:26 »
I tried tweaking the Property Case Values on my A650 IS to enable these features but without succes so far. Digic III still holds many secrets to be unvealed on that regard. It might not be possible to enable these features in a CHDK script.
Maybe the CHDK developers know a way to get control over these crippled features.

« Reply #3 on: 20 / May / 2008, 00:41:03 »

I would have to agree. I accidentally came across a thread were certain colors were highlighted while the rest of the pictures were in black and white. Was very disappointed when Canon got rid of these options. A720IS is still a decent camera though.

« Reply #4 on: 28 / May / 2008, 16:15:42 »
Hmmm...The A720 still has those features, but you have to choose them on the mode dial. (maybe in "scn")
regards

Offline adcz

• Canon S5 | Before Thou Smiteth Me, Readeth Sig
    • OSFlower
« Reply #5 on: 04 / June / 2008, 23:03:14 »
well for now, you can just use filters, curves, sat. settings, etc in PhotoShop (maybe GIMP too). I believe it does pretty much the same thing (correct me if I'm wrong). I mean it just changes the saturation/amount of different colors...nothin too special :P

Everyone knows that canon has crippled the MyColors functionality in A720IS,also probably in A650IS. :(
 Is there any way to unlock these features? (These are hidden in the firmware,I suspect)

Email me at adz@jewc.org for questions/comments/etc or aim me at adzempire!
---
STOP!! Before thou smiteth me, please PM me the reason! . Criticism = bad, constructive criticism = good.

If you wanna applaud, no reason necessary, I know I'm wonderful :P