IXUS 230 HS - Porting Thread - page 15 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum

IXUS 230 HS - Porting Thread

• 168 Replies
Re: IXUS 230 HS - Porting Thread
« Reply #140 on: 17 / September / 2012, 07:21:04 »
Advertisements
I am using a CameraVersion and check the jpg file of the Camera. It say that my Camera is 1.00A.

Offline nafraf

« Reply #141 on: 17 / September / 2012, 07:57:10 »
I ported 1.00a some days ago, but only one user reported results, so I removed binary files.
If you want to be tester, and can report results, send me a PM with your e-mail. I'll check the code again and I'll send you the link to download.

Offline nafraf

« Reply #142 on: 27 / September / 2012, 17:47:39 »
Alpha version for ixus230/elph310hs 100a is being tested.  User ramja reported, via PM,  problems with Zebra: "Zebra mode still does random pixel sparkles."

I'd like to know if some user of  100e or 100b firmware have seen the same problem.

Suggestions are welcome, what should I check to fix zebra?

Offline ramja

« Reply #143 on: 27 / September / 2012, 22:36:16 »
For anyone with deeper insight into CHDK who may be able to help nafraf sort this out here's what is going on with the zebra "sparkling pixels" in his 1.00a port.

Regardless of type selected I get random sparkling pixels that move around a bit with each blink. They flash at the same frequency that a normal zebra area blinks, but they randomly move around with each blink. (I have 3 other Powershots running CHDK 1.2 to compare normal behavior to.) They seem to be grouped with most in the upper third of screen and fewer in lower third - very few in middle third.

It may be a screen painting/mapping issue. When I point at a light bulb and hold the shutter half way down for 20 - 30 seconds sometimes the proper zebraing will pop into place all by itself (no sparkles anywhere else on screen) every 5th or 6th (or Xth) blink cycle. I've noticed this a time or two today in nafraf's latest build - don't recall it happening in earlier builds. However, it is not reliably repeatable. Depressed the shutter button for over 60 seconds waiting for the magical "alignment" so I could count its frequency, but it didn't happen the last couple of times I tried to see it again.

It's like it is trying to paint the zebra area, but it is starting at the wrong coordinates. And then sometimes (maybe when "some multiple of total pixels"/"zebra pixels" = "approximately an integer") it will show the correct zebra area every x blink cycles. But that's just a guess on my part.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #144 on: 28 / September / 2012, 01:36:24 »
Sounds like some buffer addresses or dimensions could be wrong. If it alternates between good and bad buffers, then maybe vid_get_viewport_live_fb isn't actually right. It looks suspiciously simple compared to some other cameras.

Note that on some cameras things like digital zoom change the viewport buffer in ways the zebra code doesn't understand, so the zebra won't work right in those modes. In that case though you would most likely get a partial zebra that doesn't line up, plus some garbage.

You can try edge overlay, that depends on the same buffers and might give a clearer picture of the bad data. See http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK_User_Manual#Edge_Overlay
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline mrks

« Reply #145 on: 28 / September / 2012, 08:44:39 »
Alpha version for ixus230/elph310hs 100a is being tested.  User ramja reported, via PM,  problems with Zebra: "Zebra mode still does random pixel sparkles."

I'd like to know if some user of  100e or 100b firmware have seen the same problem.

Suggestions are welcome, what should I check to fix zebra?

I can confirm the same issue exists in 100e.

I also tried edge overlay as suggested by reyalp. I'm not sure exactly what it should look like, but it looks like semi-random garbage on the left side of the screen. (panorama mode)

Offline nafraf

« Reply #146 on: 28 / September / 2012, 09:56:56 »
@mkrs
Thanks for report.  I'll try to fix the bug in 100e too.

I saw that in 100e, video without time limit is always enabled.  In other cameras, that feature is controlled by the user, enabling/disabling it in menu.  I think that it is better to add that option to 100e too. Could you test it? I'll send you a PM or e-mail with the link to the test version.

Offline mrks

« Reply #147 on: 28 / September / 2012, 10:10:36 »
@mkrs
Thanks for report.  I'll try to fix the bug in 100e too.

I saw that in 100e, video without time limit is always enabled.  In other cameras, that feature is controlled by the user, enabling/disabling it in menu.  I think that it is better to add that option to 100e too. Could you test it? I'll send you a PM or e-mail with the link to the test version.

Sure I can test it.
I can build it myself if you send me a diff. If the change is small that might be easier?

Offline nafraf

« Reply #148 on: 28 / September / 2012, 22:19:29 »
Sure I can test it.
I can build it myself if you send me a diff. If the change is small that might be easier?
Ok, please try with this patch.

Offline mrks

« Reply #149 on: 29 / September / 2012, 06:28:43 »
patch went fine.

what is the time limit normally? so I can verify that the time limit is the reason it stops, and not out of memory or some other reason