IXUS 230 HS - Porting Thread - page 16 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

IXUS 230 HS - Porting Thread

• 168 Replies
Re: IXUS 230 HS - Porting Thread
« Reply #150 on: 29 / September / 2012, 07:10:09 »
Advertisements
Hi can someone put the same latest build of CHDK Ixus 230 Hs on Firmware A in nightly build site (example --> http://mighty-hoernsche.de/ )? Because in there only firmware B and E.
Thank you.

About the RAW I think it has mode noise like the posting above said. The lens distortion is a bit strange compare to JPG. I used photoshop to make the DNG like JPG but failed. The noise also the same.

« Reply #151 on: 29 / September / 2012, 12:07:21 »
Hi can someone put the same latest build of CHDK Ixus 230 Hs on Firmware A in nightly build site (example --> http://mighty-hoernsche.de/ )? Because in there only firmware B and E.
Thank you.
I believe that's up to nafraf

About the RAW I think it has mode noise like the posting above said. The lens distortion is a bit strange compare to JPG. I used photoshop to make the DNG like JPG but failed. The noise also the same.
You probably want to read this post and follow some of the attached links :
link> Questions about RAW ?
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline nafraf

« Reply #152 on: 29 / September / 2012, 12:51:16 »
A bug with zebra was detected by beta testers, I sent the latest version to them and I'm waiting their report before submitting the patch.

Offline mrks

« Reply #153 on: 29 / September / 2012, 13:23:41 »
Ok, please try with this patch.

Seems to work fine. with limit it stops at around 10 minutes. without limit it kept going until the memory card was full.

Offline nafraf

« Reply #154 on: 29 / September / 2012, 14:05:12 »
Ok, please try with this patch.

Seems to work fine. with limit it stops at around 10 minutes. without limit it kept going until the memory card was full.
Good. Thanks for report.  I'll create the patch for zebra and I'll send it to you later.

Offline mdk

« Reply #155 on: 04 / October / 2012, 22:33:57 »
Hey, very new here, just found CHDK while attempting to get around the video recording limit of the 230 HS. Unfortunately, it seems that I have firmware 1.00a. Would someone please send me the CHDK 1.1 files for this firmware version, even if they're not 100% ready for official release? It would be a tremendous help if I could get around the recording limit this weekend, even if some photo-related functions are broken.

Thank you!

edit: Also, if any further testing of the build would be useful, I'd gladly help out.
« Last Edit: 04 / October / 2012, 22:38:51 by mdk »

« Reply #156 on: 04 / October / 2012, 22:44:28 »
edit: Also, if any further testing of the build would be useful, I'd gladly help out.
As RAH was famous for saying "There ain't no such thing as a free lunch"  TANSTAAFL ...

The last attempt at a 1.00A port ended here,  like too many CHDK ports,  with nobody willing to test :

http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=7149.msg90998#msg90998

I can't speak for nafraf but I'm pretty sure he would be willing to work with you on testing the 1.00a - especially if your offer to help extends beyond your immediate need this weekend. 
Send him a PM on this forum ?  link > http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?action=profile;u=23406
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline nafraf

« Reply #157 on: 04 / October / 2012, 22:55:46 »
Hey, very new here, just found CHDK while attempting to get around the video recording limit of the 230 HS. Unfortunately, it seems that I have firmware 1.00a. Would someone please send me the CHDK 1.1 files for this firmware version, even if they're not 100% ready for official release? It would be a tremendous help if I could get around the recording limit this weekend, even if some photo-related functions are broken.
Hi, The patch for ixus230 100a was submitted this week. The patch is available here.   Video time limit should work.  If you find some bug, please report.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #158 on: 04 / October / 2012, 23:09:11 »
The 100a code has been checked in, and should appear on the autobuilds within the next hour or so.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline mdk

« Reply #159 on: 05 / October / 2012, 02:44:27 »
Thanks so much guys, you're awesome! It's pretty funny, I didn't check back here until I figured out how to compile the latest source in the 1.1 release branch and get the build working on an SD card, and by then the autobuild had been up for a while. Haha.

Anyway, the video limit removal works well, I went up to 16 min before the 4GB size limit was reached. I've only seen one issue so far: the "Video without Timelimit" parameter defaults to false and doesn't save, so I have to set it to true every time I turn the camera on.