A3200IS porting thread - page 3 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

A3200IS porting thread

• 127 Replies

Offline nafraf

Re: A3200IS porting thread
« Reply #20 on: 06 / July / 2012, 12:32:06 »
Advertisements
According to user who is testing, we have a working version :)

Compiled version in attachment.

« Reply #21 on: 06 / July / 2012, 17:57:10 »
According to user who is testing, we have a working version :)

Compiled version in attachment.

Hello,

I have try it but I cannot load it, i never have the Firmware option.
I think there is a missing the file PS.FI2 in the zip

Thank You

Offline nafraf

« Reply #22 on: 07 / July / 2012, 03:26:23 »
Hi, Can you try the card lock booting method? copy the contents of zip file to bootable SD card, lock SD card and start camera.
http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Prepare_your_SD_card
« Last Edit: 07 / July / 2012, 03:40:27 by nafraf »

« Reply #23 on: 07 / July / 2012, 07:48:33 »
Thank You,

It is now working on a bootable card.

Offline nafraf

« Reply #24 on: 09 / July / 2012, 12:51:24 »
Hi, I prepared a svn diff for adding support for a3200 100d.
The code was developed for chdk/branches/release-1_0.

Could someone check the patch and add it to svn repository?  Thanks.
« Last Edit: 09 / July / 2012, 15:36:16 by nafraf »

Offline reyalp

« Reply #25 on: 10 / July / 2012, 01:52:02 »
Hi, I prepared a svn diff for adding support for a3200 100d.
The code was developed for chdk/branches/release-1_0.

Could someone check the patch and add it to svn repository?  Thanks.
Thanks.

Normally, requests to add should go in http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=650.0

From a quick look this seems OK, so I've checked it in in release changeset 1970

In general, we want new ports to go in the trunk now, but since this doesn't impact other ports, I'm checking it in on release branch. I will port it over to the trunk shortly.

A few minor items

empty kdb.c in platform/sub ?

in platform/shooting.c, is there a reason the "not found in stubs_entry.S" mode items are there ? Unless they actually exist and work on the a3200, they should not be included.

I don't see much feedback from testers here, so we are taking your word that it is suitable for being included in the autobuild. If someone wants to run the test scripts mentioned here http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Testing that would be a good start.

Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #26 on: 10 / July / 2012, 06:48:24 »
Hi,

I'm a tester :-).

I recently purchased my A3200 and happy to see that somebody ported CHDK. Thanks!!!

I'm totally new to the CHDK environment and have to get used to it so far...

first thing what i tried was the raw function. Sadly my Mac can not open the files. Could that by a problem of CHDK or my problem with the mac? Is there a system for bug report?

greez

« Reply #27 on: 10 / July / 2012, 08:02:39 »
first thing what i tried was the raw function. Sadly my Mac can not open the files. Could that by a problem of CHDK or my problem with the mac?
This is probably the most common question people ask on this forum once they have succeeded in getting CHDK to load and run.   CHDK RAW files are not the same thing as the RAW or CR2 files produced on DSLDR and higher end P&S cameras.  They are simply a dump of the raw information directly from the camera sensor.   They contain no format or size information to tell a PC software package how to interpret the information they contain.

Having said that, some PC software packages can guess the layout on the sensor information in the file based on the file's size if the author of that package has been informed that a new CHDK port has been released  and told of the file format.  Until that happens, DNG format files contain the information necessary for PC software to interpret the image data so its best to use them.

Here's some additional reading if you would like to learn more :

link> CHDK Wiki Page about RAW
link> CHDK Forum thread on RAW
link> CHDK Wiki Page about Raw Software
link> CHDK Forum Board for RAW
link> How do you fix lens distortion with CHDK RAW files?
link> Decoding CHDK RAW images from a new cameras
link> CHDK Tools : rawconvert.c

Is there a system for bug report?
Yes - posting questions here.  There used to be a seperate system but it was seldom used.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline nafraf

« Reply #28 on: 10 / July / 2012, 17:48:29 »
Normally, requests to add should go in http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=650.0

From a quick look this seems OK, so I've checked it in in release changeset 1970

In general, we want new ports to go in the trunk now, but since this doesn't impact other ports, I'm checking it in on release branch. I will port it over to the trunk shortly.
Thanks for your answer and thanks for porting the code to the trunk. I was a bit confused about posting the code to the release or trunk branch, the recommended version for development is the stable branch but new cameras go to trunk branch. For the next camera I'll create code for trunk branch.

A few minor items
empty kdb.c in platform/sub ?
That was a legacy from a3300 port that I used as reference, I guess that it can be deleted.

in platform/shooting.c, is there a reason the "not found in stubs_entry.S" mode items are there ? Unless they actually exist and work on the a3200, they should not be included.
That was my fault too, I'll check that for the next version.

I don't see much feedback from testers here, so we are taking your word that it is suitable for being included in the autobuild. If someone wants to run the test scripts mentioned here http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Testing that would be a good start.
I don't have access to camera, all the test were done by other user (a very patient user :), he helps a lot).
When I was porting, I did not know about Testing procedures. I wrote to him today, to know if he could test and post the results.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #29 on: 14 / July / 2012, 01:18:01 »
I've ported this over to the trunk in changeset 1980 (ignore the changes in a3300... that was a mistake  :-X). If someone can confirm that the autobuild at http://mighty-hoernsche.de/trunk/ works, that would be helpful.
Don't forget what the H stands for.