CHDK - virtual keyboard - testers needed! - page 9 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

CHDK - virtual keyboard - testers needed!

• 150 Replies
Re: CHDK - virtual keyboard - testers needed!
« Reply #80 on: 09 / January / 2012, 10:16:22 »
Advertisements
Can I use the attached FLT file to try it out on my G12? I'm assuming I can add this patch with the CHDK shell and compile my own version right?

« Reply #81 on: 09 / January / 2012, 10:29:32 »
In general - yes, you can use it. If you have CHDK from trunk:) CHDK 1.0 have no modules support. But if you compiled CHDK from trunk you can just add tbox.flt file to CHDK/MODULES directory on SD card.

You don't need to compile any changed version, this is standalone module and should work with all (or most) cameras.

About patching - we haven't post any patch file. Only the source of keyboard itself and compiled module. Therefore these files are not enough to compile your own version with keyboard. This would require changes in core/modules/Makefile and addition of appropriate tbox.h file.

So once again - in order to try the keyboard you need to have (compile) CHDK from trunk. Put in on yor SD card and then place tbox.flt file in CHDK/MODULES directory.

Your feedback will be welcome :)
« Last Edit: 09 / January / 2012, 10:34:55 by outslider »
if (2*b || !2*b) {
    cout<<question
}

Compile error: poor Yorick

« Reply #82 on: 09 / January / 2012, 15:50:14 »
In general - yes, you can use it. If you have CHDK from trunk:) CHDK 1.0 have no modules support. But if you compiled CHDK from trunk you can just add tbox.flt file to CHDK/MODULES directory on SD card.

You don't need to compile any changed version, this is standalone module and should work with all (or most) cameras.

About patching - we haven't post any patch file. Only the source of keyboard itself and compiled module. Therefore these files are not enough to compile your own version with keyboard. This would require changes in core/modules/Makefile and addition of appropriate tbox.h file.

So once again - in order to try the keyboard you need to have (compile) CHDK from trunk. Put in on yor SD card and then place tbox.flt file in CHDK/MODULES directory.

Your feedback will be welcome :)

Thanks! Managed to install it. Will try it out tomorrow though, and leave feedback :-)

« Reply #83 on: 10 / January / 2012, 08:41:30 »
Last tbox version is integrated to reyalp-flt branch. Try to play with it.

1. Go to file browser and call popup menu. Use new items - mkdir/rename
2. Select in Visual Settings keyboard profile. One example should exists in A/CHDK in full installation (russian.key).

Currently box is visually broking independing on MAX_WIDTH when russian line(mode) is selected.

Please note that:
1. Dynamic module menu is disabled in current reyalp-flt, so use file browser to test.
2. This branch could fail to compile on some branches. Just comment GetMemInfo and  GetExMemInfo in module_exportlist.c and exclude modinsp.flt in modules/Makefile:30
3. Modules of this branch are incompatible with trunk (branch core chdk fail to load trunk modules and trunk fail to load branch modules).

« Reply #84 on: 10 / January / 2012, 11:47:58 »
@tsvstar
That's really good! Only rename doesn't work with folders. Also comes the message "Error, Unknown value" if I press MENU in the "More ->" menu.

Currently box is visually broking independing on MAX_WIDTH when russian line(mode) is selected.
I don't know why it doesn't work. max_keyboard_length should be automatically setted to the length of the longest line and the box should be minimal so long.
Also I can't test it now because ptp upload doesn't work (unexpected return code 0x2002) and the cardreader is to far away.  :( :D

« Reply #85 on: 10 / January / 2012, 14:50:27 »
That's great, tsvstar!

THere's a problem with long filenames. When I have a long filename (ABCDEFGHI.XXX) it is seen in CHDK fselect as ABCDEF~1.XXX. This is obvious. But when I like to rename this file I see in tbox the same name, while I should see the full, not shortened name. I'll play with tbox later and give next feedback :)

PS. I can't find russian profile in A/CHDK. And yes - I got CHDK from full.zip binaries...
« Last Edit: 10 / January / 2012, 14:53:27 by outslider »
if (2*b || !2*b) {
    cout<<question
}

« Reply #86 on: 10 / January / 2012, 16:00:38 »
I found the bug. In gui_tbox_draw was these code:
Code: [Select]
w=MAX_TEXT_WIDTH+2;
But then w is set to the keyboard length and after this to MAX_TEXT_WIDTH (which is smaller). The code should be:
Code: [Select]
w=((MAX_TEXT_WIDTH+2)>w)?MAX_TEXT_WIDTH+2:w;
Then its only set to MAX_TEXT_WIDTH if it's bigger then w.

Then there is another bug, the textbox doesn't grows over MAX_TEXT_WIDTH, also if the box is bigger. But I will fix that.

Correct file attached.

-- Edit --
PS. I can't find russian profile in A/CHDK. And yes - I got CHDK from full.zip binaries...
It's in the reyalp-flt branch in the folder CHDK ({path to reyalp-flt branch}/CHDK/russian.key)
« Last Edit: 10 / January / 2012, 16:05:51 by TobiMarg »

« Reply #87 on: 10 / January / 2012, 16:32:34 »
Well, maybe something was wrong with downloading. Strange. I have reyalp branch (otherwise I would not have 'rename' in fselect :) ). Never mind, it's not important now.

It's cool to see, that this project is already done! And I like to say thanks to both of you  for so much work done here!
« Last Edit: 10 / January / 2012, 16:34:11 by outslider »
if (2*b || !2*b) {
    cout<<question
}

Offline msl

• A720 IS, SX220 HS 1.01a
    • CHDK-DE links
« Reply #88 on: 10 / January / 2012, 17:03:26 »
Great work!

A build from rev 1538 works very well. Rename und Mkdir works as described.

All descriptions and MPOPUP entries should be prepared for language files.

The key file needs a entry in Makefile for full.zip.

msl
CHDK-DE:  CHDK-DE links

« Reply #89 on: 11 / January / 2012, 01:47:37 »
I will commit into branch such small changes today:
- visual fix by TobiMarg
- including russian.key into full zip

I will be out of internet about two week, so you free to prepare any additional fix and improvements (for example tbox improvements, long filename issue, rmdir implementation, moving mpopup entries/descriptions into lang file) and send to philmoz at the this thread: http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=650.msg79677;topicseen#new