Menu display of current Custom curve name - Feature Requests - CHDK Forum

Menu display of current Custom curve name

• 4 Replies

Offline an0n

Menu display of current Custom curve name
« on: 04 / January / 2012, 20:10:20 »
Advertisements
I hope this might be a simple and do-able request, can the Custom curves menu be changed to show the name of the currently loaded Curve profile. ?

BTW, I'm using r1491 and the Games colors have been changed - have gone gray, possibly as far back as  @1234 changes ? I used to be able to get them right by first entering the Canon menu, then going to ALT mode. I'ts only cosmetic, and not high priority but for completeness sake I mention it, I rarely use games.
A720IS.

Re: Menu display of current Custom curve name
« Reply #1 on: 04 / January / 2012, 21:10:02 »
I hope this might be a simple and do-able request, can the Custom curves menu be changed to show the name of the currently loaded Curve profile. ?

I though that was there day one when custom curve feature was created. I have it on my A610 (it was way back on release change number 400 ish.)

Offline an0n

« Reply #2 on: 06 / January / 2012, 10:33:27 »
Yes, I have always appreciated your work on this, thanks toinech. Attached is a screenshot to illustrate what I'm
talking about, there is no indication of which profile is loaded, unlike the Load Scripts menu which shows the current script name.
A720IS.

Offline msl

• A720 IS, SX220 HS 1.01a
    • CHDK-DE links
« Reply #3 on: 06 / January / 2012, 12:53:25 »
This feature is already available in CHDK-DE. You must only add some lines in the menu part.

Code: [Select]
MENU_ITEM   (0x0 ,LANG_MENU_CURVE_CURRENT,              MENUITEM_SEPARATOR, 0,                  0 ),
MENU_ITEM   (0x0 ,(int)conf.curve_file,                 MENUITEM_TEXT,      0,                  0 ),
MENU_ITEM   (0x0 ,(int)"",                              MENUITEM_SEPARATOR, 0,                  0 ),

For LANG_MENU_CURVE_CURRENT you need also some additions in language part. But the first line is not necessary.

msl
CHDK-DE:  CHDK-DE links

« Reply #4 on: 09 / January / 2012, 22:15:36 »
Thanks msl for the suggestion. This is much more efficient than the solution that I previously had - replacing the word 'Custom' with a truncated form of curve_file name. Hopefull some developper who has access can put that in.
I do not have access to update the code. I had to get the help of a member who have access.

toine