Stereo pictures with different CHDK cameras. - Microfunguy's Builds - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Stereo pictures with different CHDK cameras.

• 5 Replies

Offline a710is

• A710 IS
Stereo pictures with different CHDK cameras.
« on: 03 / December / 2007, 16:18:15 »
Advertisements
Don't know if that is possible yet but I'm wondering if it would be possible to take time-synced stereo pictures with 2 different CHDK cameras. I only have the A710 but I know a guy that has the A570 IS and I may know other people with supported cameras that I may shoot stereo pictures with.
I would take action pictures and I would need them to be very closely synchronised (the times would be lower than 1/320s).
which A-series cameras operate similarly?
and could my A710 even sync with a S2/S3 IS ?
also, would slight differences in cards and maybe batteries matter much?

don't know where I've read about that USB sync but the syncing should somehow I think be fine tuneable in CHDK so that one can perfectly sync 2 or more cameras.
« Last Edit: 03 / December / 2007, 16:28:50 by a710is »

Re: Stereo pictures with different CHDK cameras.
« Reply #1 on: 04 / December / 2007, 01:46:59 »
The following post:
http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/topic,53.0.html

is about syncing two or more cameras. With the proposed script (you can delete blue_led_on and blue_led_off statements), I've got less than 10ms missync with a pair of A640. Some internal delays and timings are under investigation by Microfunguy and Fingalo. Up to now the results are not too optimisitic, but still hope that better time resolution can be obtained.

If you want to use your cameras for stereoscopy (3D shooting), download the following build:
http://stereo.jpn.org/eng/sdm/index.htm

By the way... GrAnd, was there any particular reason to choose 10ms time resolution for scripts?

Offline GrAnd

• [A610, S3IS]
    • CHDK
« Reply #2 on: 04 / December / 2007, 02:37:51 »
> By the way... GrAnd, was there any particular reason to choose 10ms time resolution for scripts?
Somewhere (maybe on dpreview forum or in the CHDK-wiki discussions) there is detailed explanation of that reason.
In short: CHDK uses keyboard task to execute its own procedures. This task is executed every 10ms by the original firmware. On the each task execution only single statement of script is executed.
CHDK Developer.

Offline a710is

• A710 IS
« Reply #3 on: 04 / December / 2007, 04:06:31 »
I was talking about 2 different cameras.
Like A710IS + A570IS
or A710IS + A610
or A710IS + S3 IS
etc

« Reply #4 on: 04 / December / 2007, 05:15:33 »
I was talking about 2 different cameras

Remember, you need to set both cameras to the same zoom value.

Although 'StereoPhoto Maker' (SPM) will automatically-correct errors of size, it is better if that difference is not too great.

It is also better if images are the same size.

David

Offline a710is

• A710 IS
« Reply #5 on: 04 / December / 2007, 05:20:58 »
I know. Well the A570 has a 7.1 MP sensor, just like the A710, probably the same time. and I obviously wouldn't just set the zoom  the same way but every other possible setting in manual mode. but can slitly different models be paired successfully?