A800 Porting Thread - page 22 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

A800 Porting Thread

• 277 Replies
Re: A800 Porting Thread
« Reply #210 on: 08 / April / 2012, 10:11:45 »
Advertisements
New beta version of A800 f/w 1.00B and 1.00C   
UPDATE : corrected these files to use SX40 version of 'get_target_dir_name' per suggestion from philmoz in post below.
Twelve downloads since I posted this.  I was kind of hoping to get some feedback on how things are working.  In specific, I'd like to know if the "save RAW directory JPEG" still crashes the camera.   As I don't own an A800 I can't do that myself.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #211 on: 08 / April / 2012, 16:07:09 »
Tests with waterginz's A800 1.00C Beta 3

Created badpixel.bin with a bad pixel count of 11218, set to save RAW in DNG format with DNG extension and selected the 'RAW File in Dir with JPEG' option, took 3 pictures with no problems, put the SD card in my computer and there .jpg and .DNG files are indeed in the same folder (DCIM\102___04) and the pictures seem to be just fine.

As best as I can tell everything is fine on the 100c :)

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #212 on: 08 / April / 2012, 20:05:30 »
If these logs do not help narrow down the problem is there something in particular I should be looking for or missing in the log file that will help narrow down the problem?
I've looked at your logs. The crash happens at different places, but two of your logs look almost alike. In every case the last logged events (IMHO) seem to be related to the camera shutting off the display after a 30s delay.
I can only give some general advice.
- Try to disable the CHDK OSD completely. CHDK setting
- Try to set the review time to something different (e.g. off). Canon setting
- Try to set the power saving option to something different. Canon setting

Also, give a try to the development version of CHDK: http://mighty-hoernsche.de/trunk/

You can continue to upload some logs if they show a different place of crash (look at the first line). Preserve a copy of the used CHDK and note the version (build number).

I wonder if this might be related to http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=650.msg83729#msg83729.

« Reply #213 on: 08 / April / 2012, 21:52:47 »
Hmm maybe you're on to something srsa_4c - here's a quote that I think sums up funnel's findings
Apparently the camera doesn't like to draw pixels on an inactive buffer.
The post above that quoted one lists the steps he took and the files he poked at to fix it for the sx230.  I've never messed with time lapse type stuff, though, so I'm not sure but it's a place to look in to.

« Reply #214 on: 10 / April / 2012, 14:45:44 »
a800-100b-1.0.0-full-beta-3

raw in jpeg folder does not crash. I tested with both cr2 and dng in various combinations and it is fine.

movie mode quality crashes leaving lens extended and camera powers off. quality setting does not matter, happens even at quality 5.

movie mode bitrate works fine even at 3x. focus (set button) and zoom works fine during movies.

card was a 8GB transcend micro sd class 10 in transcend adapter.

(for anyone else pulling out hairs like me, EOScard.exe is the simplest way to make a >4G card bootable)

offtopic: any way to insert the jpeg into the dng, or create a fresh preview inside the dng?

« Reply #215 on: 10 / April / 2012, 16:28:05 »
movie mode quality crashes leaving lens extended and camera powers off. quality setting does not matter, happens even at quality 5.
@Qanthelas :  does this happen with the 1.00c version too ?

(for anyone else pulling out hairs like me, EOScard.exe is the simplest way to make a >4G card bootable)
The ability of new cameras to boot from FAT32 cards ( and not exFAT ) has created some confusion.  But I thought it was pretty much covered in the latest version of this : http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Prepare_your_SD_card

offtopic: any way to insert the jpeg into the dng, or create a fresh preview inside the dng?
Not currently.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #216 on: 11 / April / 2012, 14:19:00 »
Still having random crash. But did manage 4 days and nearly 250 images first. The ROMLOG file timestape is still off by an hour. I am not shooting RAW. The latest log is much like most of the previous.

Jim

« Reply #217 on: 11 / April / 2012, 22:27:41 »
@Qanthelas :  does this happen with the 1.00c version too ?

I had never messed with that menu before XD  Yes, when I set it to quality mode and start taking video it crashes - turns off and leaves the lens extended.  Also yes, when I set it to bitrate mode it records just fine.  So yes, this happens with 100c as well.

Offline wdt

« Reply #218 on: 18 / April / 2012, 02:33:59 »
About videos, I have a800,  100c.
My experience differs, no crash
With 1751 full alpha and a 8g Kingston class4 it only takes a 3 second vid, quits,
does not crash. Setting quality to 10 made no difference, maybe 4 seconds.
With 1791 full alpha on 8g Dane-elec class10 seems OK,
have made 30 second vid, not longer, but think it would be OK
Quality setting unchanged (84?)

dave

« Reply #219 on: 18 / April / 2012, 09:34:15 »
Thanks for the post wdt, but I can't seem to recreate that with my 100c - perhaps it's a memory card issue and I need to use a faster SD card?

With a800-100c-1.0.0-1806-full_BETA from http://mighty-hoernsche.de/ on my 2GB SD card when I set video mode to quality it still hangs and turns off with the lens still extended.  With it set to bitrate mode it seems to record just fine but the yellow "!" icon shows up every now and then (presumably because my card is not fast enough to keep up with good quality video.)  When I stick the card in my computer and look at the video file I took, it seems to have recorded just fine, even with the yellow "!" icon.

With a800-100c-1.1.0-1809-full_BETA loaded from http://mighty-hoernsche.de/trunk/ on my 2GB SD card it is still the same - on quality mode it hangs and turns off with the lens still extended and in bitrate mode it seems to record just fine although the yellow "!" icon shows up sometimes.