A800 Porting Thread - page 27 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

A800 Porting Thread

• 277 Replies
Re: A800 Porting Thread
« Reply #260 on: 20 / June / 2012, 16:56:14 »
Advertisements
@jim0watters

Page 111 of the A800 manual (on the pdf downloaded version anyway) describes the image numbering scheme.  I don't think that CHDK messes with that but I'm no expert.  Manual states a reformat will clear the counter but one would think there is a file somewhere keeping track.

You may want to post your 15min pic snapping script (if you haven't already) so that we can collectively try to figure out why it might be hanging.  Possible issues: battery/power related, memory leak issue w/ Canon or CHDK firmware, something related to the power issue mentioned earlier related to zoom/focus, camera powering itself down after a timeout, ...

If it is a memory leak problem, powering the camera down/up once each day (or every 2 days, or...) might solve that problem.

Also you might want to post a pic of how you built your power adapter.   What is the voltage it supplies when there is no camera attached and when there is a camera attached.  Did you add decoupling caps (0.1uF, and 1uF available at radioshack) near the cam battery terminals to your home-brew power adapter?

When it "crashes" what does it do?  Does the lens retract (ie power itself down) or stay out (become inoperable)?
« Last Edit: 20 / June / 2012, 17:22:20 by montana »

Offline philmoz

• Photos
« Reply #261 on: 20 / June / 2012, 18:32:16 »
I only have the A800 so don't know if this is unique to only this camera.

I noticed the numbering of image files does not always continue where I left off if I remove all the images from the card and continue shooting. I have been shooting a time-lapse an image every 15 min during daylight since March.

If I remove all the images from the card the numbering starts at IMG_0650.JPG

How are you 'removing the images from the card'?

I have found the following steps cause the image numbering sequence to get confused on my cameras
1. take a series of images.
2. plug in the USB cable.
3. use the chdkptp or ptpcamgui programs to transfer and delete the images from the camera.
4. use chdkptp or ptpcamgui to restart the camera.

To avoid the problem I power the camera off and back on between steps 1. and 2. above.

Phil.
CHDK ports:
  sx30is (1.00c, 1.00h, 1.00l, 1.00n & 1.00p)
  g12 (1.00c, 1.00e, 1.00f & 1.00g)
  sx130is (1.01d & 1.01f)
  ixus310hs (1.00a & 1.01a)
  sx40hs (1.00d, 1.00g & 1.00i)
  g1x (1.00e, 1.00f & 1.00g)
  g5x (1.00c, 1.01a, 1.01b)
  g7x2 (1.01a, 1.01b, 1.10b)

« Reply #262 on: 26 / July / 2012, 04:30:14 »
I'm using Canon A800 for scanning book.

If i load CHDK, my PC doesn't recognized A800 but if not(not load CHDK) recognized A800.
so, when i load CHDK, any program doesn't recognized camera(ptpgui, canon software and so on...)
I think it cannot enable ptp mode

How can i enable ptp mode A800??
somebody help me...

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #263 on: 26 / July / 2012, 05:04:26 »
Disable the CHDK remote feature, you'll find it in the "Scripting Parameters" menu...

* http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK_User_Manual#Remote_Parameters

« Reply #264 on: 27 / July / 2012, 00:32:49 »
Disable the CHDK remote feature, you'll find it in the "Scripting Parameters" menu...

* http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK_User_Manual#Remote_Parameters

Thank you, it works~

Offline msl

• A720 IS, SX220 HS 1.01a
    • CHDK-DE links
« Reply #265 on: 30 / July / 2012, 17:01:10 »
Is there any reason why #define PAUSE_FOR_FILE_COUNTER in 100c/capt_seq.c was commented out? In version 100b is this entry active.

http://trac.assembla.com/chdk/browser/trunk/platform/a800/sub/100b/capt_seq.c#L8
http://trac.assembla.com/chdk/browser/trunk/platform/a800/sub/100c/capt_seq.c#L8

In German forum was reported, that the camera did not save some RAW/DNG files. Therefore, I have a test version compiled. '#define PAUSE_FOR_FILE_COUNTER  150' works fine.

msl
CHDK-DE:  CHDK-DE links

« Reply #266 on: 08 / August / 2012, 22:43:58 »
Page 111 of the A800 manual (on the pdf downloaded version anyway) describes the image numbering scheme.  I don't think that CHDK messes with that but I'm no expert.  Manual states a reformat will clear the counter but one would think there is a file somewhere keeping track.

You may want to post your 15min pic snapping script (if you haven't already) so that we can collectively try to figure out why it might be hanging.  Possible issues: battery/power related, memory leak issue w/ Canon or CHDK firmware, something related to the power issue mentioned earlier related to zoom/focus, camera powering itself down after a timeout, ...

If it is a memory leak problem, powering the camera down/up once each day (or every 2 days, or...) might solve that problem.

Also you might want to post a pic of how you built your power adapter.   What is the voltage it supplies when there is no camera attached and when there is a camera attached.  Did you add decoupling caps (0.1uF, and 1uF available at radioshack) near the cam battery terminals to your home-brew power adapter?

When it "crashes" what does it do?  Does the lens retract (ie power itself down) or stay out (become inoperable)?

Sorry for taking so long to get back. The camera is busy taking pictures.
I did not test much. I only took the camera down for a bit.

My problems with renumbering might be with removing the card without first powering off the camera.
- Leaving an image, or renaming a image to the number I want will continue the numbering from there.
- Formatting the card and power cycling properly did not mess up the numbering.
- Removing the card without powering off, deleting all images, numbering started at 1 again.
After I put the card into autoboot into chdk mode when ever I put the card into the PC, windows would indicate that something might be wrong with the card and ask if I want run chkdsk. I would always say no. But now after doing a lowlevel format on the card with camera and putting the new firmware on I did not get this warning on the PC anymore. Maybe there was a corrupt file. I always though it was a because of some hidden partition on the card. The camera is hooked back up and timer running. Need to wait until next time to test again.

The script I am using is a modified version of http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=6105.0
I did not change much but I did play with zoom and focus.
I added code to zoom in all the way at the beginning. Programmatic changing zoom is so slow that I also zoom in manually before starting the script. I forgot once in the beginning so I added this code.
Code: [Select]
z = get_zoom

set_zoom_speed 20
sleep 1000

while z<6
 z=z+1
 set_zoom z
 sleep 2000
wend

I also added code to only focus for the first shot. I added this before I got the power adapter. I was trying to save power by not focusing for each shot. But it also runs a lot more quite so I continue to use this now I have a power adapter.

if n=1 then gosub "setfocuslock"
:setfocuslock
  sleep 600
  set_aflock 1
  sleep 600
  return

set_aflock 0

The power adapter I got off Ebay - It is a proper one from Canon. Large brick. The only thing I made was wooden batteries. It maybe I have a loose connection. It shut off a couple times when I wiggled the wires but nothing gets touched when it is running.

When it crashes the lens stays out.

I just updated from version a800-100c-1.0.0-1907-full_BETA to a800-100c-1.1.0-2057-full_BETA

Offline nafraf

« Reply #267 on: 14 / August / 2012, 20:25:57 »
Hi,  Is sudoku working in a800?  I ask because  rand function was not found for it.
Porting my a810 rand was not found and I'm having problem with some games. 
Thanks

« Reply #268 on: 14 / August / 2012, 21:53:56 »
Hi,  Is sudoku working in a800?  I ask because  rand function was not found for it.
Porting my a810 rand was not found and I'm having problem with some games. 
Fair question.  Don't hold your breath for an answer - including games in CHDK has always been a good topic of debate. Its not like people pay a lot of attention to them beyond when they first get CHDK to load and run on their cameras.
« Last Edit: 14 / August / 2012, 21:55:50 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #269 on: 11 / October / 2012, 04:31:12 »
While doing betatests for SDM porting we found out that even CHDK has a problem when using the command 'set_zoom': the camera crashes

this script will crash the camera:

@title zoom step test
@param a total_zoom_steps
@default a 7
a=a-1
:loop
 for b= 0 to a
  set_zoom b
  print " zoom step: " b
 next b
goto "loop"

any ideas why the A800 crashes? is there a fix for this?

greetings
Werner