ixus300/sd4000 help - Feature Requests - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

ixus300/sd4000 help

• 7 Replies
ixus300/sd4000 help
« on: 22 / January / 2012, 16:47:20 »
Advertisements
Please anyone is the intervalometer implemented in the ixus300 yet? I cant get the menu to show...

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
Re: ixus300/sd4000 help
« Reply #1 on: 23 / January / 2012, 00:48:16 »
Hello & welcome !
Please anyone is the intervalometer implemented in the ixus300 yet? I cant get the menu to show...
This is not a build-in CHDK feature - use a script, you'll find some in the script section in the CHDK wikia...

Offline I2k4

« Reply #2 on: 05 / December / 2012, 21:53:56 »
Hello.  I'm pretty familiar and trouble free with CHDK on two other cameras. 

Got this SD4000 on sale and installed latest version 1.1.0 and have several problems.  I realize it's beta and am wondering if it's still being actively worked on:

. Most important - Zebra malfunctions.  Can't find any setting that does not wipe out LCD display in weird patterns.  (Am using Live Histogram with no problem.)

. For User Menu, can't identify any equivalent to a +/- or trash button to add items in Edit mode.  There are very few buttons on this model but I'd hope the feature can be used somehow.  [UPDATE:  Correction - found the Shutter button works to add/delete in Edit mode - not aware of any documentation but it makes perfect sense.]

. Grids are all off center.  Note that on this model the 4/3 display for photos leaves black columns on the 16:9 LCD.  Grids are all shifted to the far left of the LCD and off-center.  I wonder if this has something to do with the Zebra display problem. (Other CHDK displays work fine, e.g. the Menu is centered and I can move things around on the OSD perfectly.)

I'd appreciate any tips on what I might be doing wrong or to know if these are known issues.  I'm still experimenting with other features on the SD4000.  I hope it's not been left behind.

Thanks, I2k4

« Last Edit: 06 / December / 2012, 09:53:38 by I2k4 »
Appreciative end-user for several years:  S5is, SX10is, and SD4000is.

Offline hwntw

« Reply #3 on: 06 / December / 2012, 05:35:44 »
Hello,
This is a great little camera. I doubt if there is any work specific to  this model going on. There are long-standing problems with Zebra- it does not work and I find video recording crashes after a few seconds- but it works OK with CHDK not loaded. My histogram display also flashes rapidly and is hard to use. Wired remote control works well. My grids were fine when I last looked, but I have not used CHDK recently.

Colin
Ixus 300HS S100

Windows 10

Offline I2k4

« Reply #4 on: 06 / December / 2012, 09:17:58 »
Thanks.  Disappointing if this never comes out of beta, though I'm thankful for the CHDK features that do work.   I did notice a new beta for the A1200, an inexpensive camera I  broke before buying this one.  SD4000 does seem to have stalled.

I have no stability problem with HIstogram on this camera set to shoot only, Blend, Linear, unticking "ignore boundary peaks".  I love having live exposure feedback and am glad Histogram work if Zebra won't.
« Last Edit: 06 / December / 2012, 09:35:39 by I2k4 »

« Reply #5 on: 06 / December / 2012, 09:21:38 »
Thanks.  Disappointing if this never comes out of beta, though I'm thankful for the CHDK features that do work.   I did notice a new beta for the A1200, an inexpensive camera I  broke before buying this one.  SD4000 does seem to have stalled.
It all comes down to somebody with the necessary skills and access to the camera wanting to do the work.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline hwntw

« Reply #6 on: 06 / December / 2012, 10:25:29 »
Hello,
I tried copying your histogram settings, but it still flashes on & off. My build is CHDK 1.2.0-2257, using exmem with 4,169,688 bytes free & CHDK using 225,228 bytes.

Tried 1.1.0 and both histogram & video recording work OK

Colin
« Last Edit: 06 / December / 2012, 11:16:26 by hwntw »
Ixus 300HS S100

Windows 10

Offline I2k4

« Reply #7 on: 06 / December / 2012, 12:09:06 »
I've always stuck with the stable releases of CHDK, as an unskilled end user.  I double-checked the "readme" and found interesting comments on the state of the beta - might help other users with what to expect:

--- ToDo ------------------------------------------------------------
* Multi Partition Support (Autoboot CHDK with 2 Partitions on SD-Card)
* "Debug Parameters -> Create card with two partitions" does cause shutdown (WriteSDCard address wrong?)
* tweak Color Palette (CAM_BITMAP_PALETTE), CHDK OSD Colors does not fit and are different in playback/record mode
* Check Propcase, at least one Propcase has changed (maybe it time for propcase4.h)
* os.remove() does delete files but fail to delete directory (like SX210, G11 and other new cameras too), tested with llibtst.lua
* only Video Quality Override does work, Video Bitrate Override does nothing (affects more DryOS Cameras?)
* Edge Overlay in correct only in Widescreen Setting ("Recording pixels"), else Edge Overleft has left offset
* Histogram works, but Canon Color Palette does not have required colors for correct display
* Zebra does not work (shows some shatterd dark (grey) pixel) - http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=3410.msg32043#msg32043
* find PROPCASE_ASPECT_RATIO to fix Zebra & co (and Y-Correction Fix like SX30 suggested by philmoz)
* test "shoot_full" & "shoot_half" commands behave like they should
* sometimes Exception (Vector 0x04) on exiting ALT Mode after script execution
* Problems with some Scripts (probaly fixed since Stack Size commit)
* Aperture Override aperture not working ?
* ND Filter State not working ?
* Remote Function does continuous mode only after second "Remote Shutter" (what is correct behavior on other Cameras?)
* Override Subj. Dist. Value (MF) not working ?

* probably more stuff to fix ;-)

--- Tested CHDK Functions ------------------------------------------
* CHDK PTP with ptpcam
  * Mode Switch (Playback / Record) does work
  * All functions seems to work
* create badpixel for DNG without script does work
* Quality Override "super fine" does work (bigger filesize, less JPG artifacts, correct EXIF)
* "Make card bootable" does work

It would be good if the readme was edited to say the Shutter button works for User Menu Edit add/delete - I couldn't find any reference to it and found it by accident.  I wasn't aware of the Quality Override to "superfine", and am going to try it out.