Canon Elph 300 HS: Make video button have louder beep? - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum

Canon Elph 300 HS: Make video button have louder beep?

• 3 Replies

Offline DAL

Canon Elph 300 HS: Make video button have louder beep?
« on: 05 / February / 2012, 13:36:00 »
Advertisements
I record video with the camera mounted in a cell phone holster that covers the LCD.  I'm not sure the camera is recording video because I can't hear a beep when I press the video button. Increasing "operation volume"  has no effect on the video button. Is there a script available or some other way to increase the volume of the beep for the video button?
« Last Edit: 05 / February / 2012, 13:59:09 by DAL »

Re: Canon Elph 300 HS: Make video button have louder beep?
« Reply #1 on: 05 / February / 2012, 14:46:55 »
No, currently there's no such option. Of cours I mean CHDK way. You still could use hardware amplifier ;)
if (2*b || !2*b) {
    cout<<question
}

Compile error: poor Yorick

Offline DAL

« Reply #2 on: 05 / February / 2012, 17:17:28 »
Thank you. I couldn't find anything about how to do that. Can you explain how to use it? Hoping you don't mean disassemble the camera and modifying the audio circuit.

« Reply #3 on: 05 / February / 2012, 17:31:39 »
Heh, I was rather joking:) But sure, it is possible - you could use microphone, any amplifier (for example computer or something) and a speaker. The other way is yeah - disasemble the camera and connect its speaker cirquit to the aplifier directly (without microphone).

I guess first is much better idea.

And maybe much better would be to use LED on the front of the camera - so called autofocus led. Let it blink a few times before you start movie, therefore you'll know it has started. This requires a little scripting:)
if (2*b || !2*b) {
    cout<<question
}

Compile error: poor Yorick