S3IS: Add shortcut for EV adjustments (Allbest build) - page 5 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum  

S3IS: Add shortcut for EV adjustments (Allbest build)

• 47 Replies

Offline ewavr

• A710IS
Re: S3IS: Add shortcut for EV adjustments (Allbest build)
« Reply #40 on: 17 / April / 2008, 16:19:46 »
Advertisements
sorry, deleted
« Last Edit: 17 / April / 2008, 16:33:32 by ewavr »

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #41 on: 18 / April / 2008, 01:03:25 »
damn! saw the command last night and was eager to try it out this morning. and now it's deleted. i guess it wasnt working right? thanks anyways for your efforts :)

Offline ewavr

• A710IS
« Reply #42 on: 18 / April / 2008, 02:07:59 »
i guess it wasnt working right?

Yes, because this command (RectifyExposureWithMeasure) locks current exposure.

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #43 on: 18 / April / 2008, 02:19:06 »
thanks for letting me know. do you think there is a way to simulate the functionmenu-ev-realtime-correction? on s3is its not such a big deal since we have "hardware" histogram, but on other cams. hm.

« Reply #44 on: 18 / April / 2008, 09:31:35 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 14:10:10 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

« Reply #45 on: 18 / April / 2008, 17:00:24 »
How do you exposure then?
Do you "exposure to the right" like suggested in the article that I posted?
Do you exposure depending on wheather your post-process via RAW or not?

This live-histogram is what I miss most on my new DSLR by the way. There you have to rely on the camera's metering, which only works if the dynamic range is very limited ...

« Reply #46 on: 18 / April / 2008, 18:15:37 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 14:10:39 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

« Reply #47 on: 19 / April / 2008, 07:35:47 »
Hello Barney Fife,

thanks for your great post, gives me something to think about, and makes me want to shoot more to learn more about my S3. I do consider it a tool to get framed what I have in mind. For that, one must understand basics and limitations of the camera which is true to every camera out there. But not being able to judge a photo on the screen or EVF, I heavily rely on the histogram, trying just to overexpose a bit that can be recovered in RAW-conversion. The shadows I treat with fill light.

My wrongly exposed pics have decreased a lot since I've been using the live histogram. I got used to full M mode, but this is not fast enough when I have to deal with lots of changes in light. Av mode overexposure too much for me ... so having EVC on buttons is perfect!

If anybody can figure out how the CHDK histogram can be adapted real-time ... :-)