S3IS: Add shortcut for EV adjustments (Allbest build) - page 2 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum

S3IS: Add shortcut for EV adjustments (Allbest build)

• 47 Replies
Re: S3IS: Add shortcut for EV adjustments (Allbest build)
« Reply #10 on: 11 / April / 2008, 03:22:09 »
Advertisements
I was just about to start a thread with this feature request :)
I really don't know what was Canon thinking. To have a compact camera with not nearly enough buttons for all the often used functions, and then not to use two of the few buttons it has... pure stupidity.
Histogram, zebra, overrides.. they are all nice and sometimes very useful functions but I do not think there is another modification with such a great impact on everyday shooting as making the EV more easy to use, specially now that we have a fantastic live Histogram.

So, pretty please... :)

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #11 on: 11 / April / 2008, 03:36:11 »
I'll look into this.should be quiete easy - IF there is a proper propcase for that.

« Reply #12 on: 11 / April / 2008, 04:37:59 »
One question, though.
Currently, at list on my S3IS, EV correction is not reflected on the LCD, unless the shutter is either half-pressed or I am in the EV correction Function menu. That means that I have to half-press the shutter to check the histogram. Would it be possible to make Av/Tv modes act like M mode where the LCD fatefully reflects the set exposure/aperture?

« Reply #13 on: 11 / April / 2008, 07:04:28 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 14:06:07 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

« Reply #14 on: 11 / April / 2008, 08:25:44 »
I know, but it's currently meaningful only in the M mode.
If the built in (Canon) histogram is turned on then the LCD does reflect the set EV correction value (though, the histogram is still not visible while changing the EV value!).
I don't know would it be possible to trick the camera into the 'histogram' mode without actually displaying the histogram.

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #15 on: 11 / April / 2008, 12:59:55 »
according to PropertyCase - CHDK Wiki there are propcases both for vxworks & dryOS cams. will look into it.

« Reply #16 on: 11 / April / 2008, 17:08:12 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 14:06:33 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #17 on: 11 / April / 2008, 23:38:19 »
uhm, okay, but please leave the kids outta this, i also take cash ;)

« Reply #18 on: 11 / April / 2008, 23:48:46 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 14:06:53 by Barney Fife »

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #19 on: 12 / April / 2008, 05:28:52 »
okay, ev fast override seems to work, only issues remaining are that the icon isnt updated (stays at +2 even if you set it to +10) and the value is reverted as soon as you go to playback mode and reenter rec mode. oh, and of course the keys arent mapped yet, i tested it in another way. :D

edit: overriding the keys seems to be the hardest part, or at least for someone who hasnt done hat before. i guess you are not satisfied with a shortcut like "half-press + left/right" :D any tips by devs appreciated :)
in which modes do you need this bytheway, in all modes the normal ev override can be reached via func menu?
« Last Edit: 12 / April / 2008, 06:35:03 by PhyrePhoX »