24 fps film-like video frame rate - Feature Requests - CHDK Forum  

24 fps film-like video frame rate

• 5 Replies
24 fps film-like video frame rate
« on: 13 / March / 2008, 01:19:46 »
Advertisements
Hello all,

Thanks so much for the great work done to improve our cameras to their maximum capability. It's wonderful to see a community of tinkerers united for cause of universal enjoyment by all.  I know frame rate requests have been made before but they are for higher frame rates such as 640x480 @ 60 fps, 320x240 @ 60 fps, etc.  I am interested in getting a film-like frame rate of 24 frames per second and would like to know what steps to take and what current progress has been made.  I've read the special property case 126 had been minimally explored but the results were not so promising when the rate of 10 fps and 60 fps were tried.  24 fps would be useful for aspiring film makers like myself who don't have the cash to shell out for expensive equipment but would like the film motion in our projects.  I would like to know if it is possible to set the frame rate to 24 fps on current a5xx, a6xx, a7xx, S3, S5, G7, etc.,  or if anyone has had any success to share their findings.  I know this feature is of little concern to most people who aren't looking for or don't want anything but the standard 30 or 60 fps but it would a completely useful feature for the film minded hobbyists out there.  Once again I'd like to thank everyone for your efforts, I'd appreciate any help to get 24 fps working.

-SkyWarp

Re: 24 fps film-like video frame rate
« Reply #1 on: 28 / March / 2008, 02:39:09 »
I am wondering if there is any software to overcome this issue instead of the hack ????
Why is 24 fps more desirable than 30 fps ???

« Reply #2 on: 28 / March / 2008, 03:04:16 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 15:09:24 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

Offline vit40

« Reply #3 on: 28 / March / 2008, 04:09:17 »
Well, bob will produce 60 fps from interlaced material, but bob on 30fps progressive will produce nothing more than repeating frames, that will be slightly blurred (on first frame lines 1, 3, 5 ... will be interpolated from lines 2, 4, 6 ..., on second frame lines 2, 4, 6 ... will be interpolated from lines 1, 3, 5 ...)

Only good solution would be 24 fps output from the camera (and 25 for PAL would be also useful), if possible of course, which probably isn't ...

« Reply #4 on: 28 / March / 2008, 19:11:06 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 15:09:44 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

« Reply #5 on: 28 / March / 2008, 23:24:06 »
if this can do 25 fps in 1024x768 mode in CHDK,that is really great!!!