another USB REMOTE question.How to keep half shutter and take a shot after that? - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

another USB REMOTE question.How to keep half shutter and take a shot after that?

• 3 Replies

Offline windman

• if aint broken do not fix it.
Advertisements
I made a cable from a key chain with 3 button cells. It works when camera is not in ALT mode. in alt mode under exam folder, remote.bas is working too.  (powershot a580)

when i press button on cable, it acts like focusing and when i release it i releases. when i click fast two times it focuses and takes a photo.

1- how to keep half shutter state as long as i want then without releasing it how to take a shot as we do normally with shutter button on camera?
2- on a wiki page i saw that there are options to choose from, which are integrated into chkd menus, selecting the attitude of shutter remote button on usb cable. my chkd menu has no such thing??? only remote on or off.

camera is powershot A580

I made a cable from a key chain with 3 button cells. It works when camera is not in ALT mode. in alt mode under exam folder, remote.bas is working too.  (powershot a580)

when i press button on cable, it acts like focusing and when i release it i releases. when i click fast two times it focuses and takes a photo.

1- how to keep half shutter state as long as i want then without releasing it how to take a shot as we do normally with shutter button on camera?
You can configure the USB remote in to work with "two presses" as you are doing now or with "one press".   A timing diagram showing how the USB remote menu should be setup is shown here :

http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/USB_Remote_Cable#Enable_built-in_CHDK_remote_support

2- on a wiki page i saw that there are options to choose from, which are integrated into chkd menus, selecting the attitude of shutter remote button on usb cable. my chkd menu has no such thing??? only remote on or off.

camera is powershot A580
This is very unusual. Are you using the most recent version of CHDK from the autobuild server?  Can you take a digital picture of the menu screen and post it here ?

Or are you perhaps using the "User Menu" and only the Remote On / Off has been added there ?
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline windman

• if aint broken do not fix it.
i am quite new to CHKD, but i love its capabilities. I manage to us my remote cable as the way i want but menu looks like this:

i am quite new to CHKD, but i love its capabilities. I manage to us my remote cable as the way i want but menu looks like this
That is the correct menu - every item shown is an option that affects how the USB remote operates. Ignore the horizontal line below the first menu item.

To make the remote work the way you want it to, you need to also select the second item in that menu - the one that says Enable Syncable Remote[ ] .  You might also want to disable the menu item that says Enable Sync Delay[ ] .
« Last Edit: 15 / March / 2012, 04:25:16 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16