I come back with my problem.
I started over again and still CHDK won't boot or install on my sx240HS.
ACID says that my firmware is 100c
- I downloaded CHDK from that post (100c version)
rudi on 23 / August / 2012, 15:36:24
- I formatted my 16 Gb SDHC card using this :http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm
as suggested earlier.
(Really, I don't understanted why I should use this since I can format the SD CARD in FAT32 either under windows or under linux without any problem, but OK I gave it a try.
btw, any specific options to be used like allocation size ?)
- Then I rendered the card bootable using EOScard
- Then I copied the files into the SD CARD.
- I locked the SD CARD, loaded it into the camera and turned it on
- Message says 'SDCARD locked' ....fail !
Thanks to Lapser, I corrected the file vers.req into ver.req, and I was able to see additional info when starting the camera using the PLAY button and pushed the SET + DISP buttons.
I don't know whether it is usefull to diagnose what is wrong but here it is :
Canon PowerShot SX240 HS
P-ID:3245 PAL D
Firmware Ver GM1.00C (184.108.40.206)
Serial n°. XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Second screen :
Build: Mar 19 2012 14:48:31
By the way, I cannot proceed to the firmware update at this point. When I select the option in the menu, I still have the Firmware update error.
Any clues ?
Could it be a problem with the SD Card ? I will copy a Linux install to see whether I can boot on it. If I am able to boot up a linux system on it, It will demonstrate that it's bootable.
I won't give up !