SX260 HS Porting Thread - page 61 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum  

SX260 HS Porting Thread

• 642 Replies

Offline udo

Re: SX260 HS Porting Thread
« Reply #600 on: 07 / August / 2013, 11:25:32 »
Advertisements
I just got an SX260.
I'm running sx260hs-101a-1.2.0-3010-full_ALPHA.
Where could I find what known problems exist, what really needs testing, etc w.r.t. the SX260 port?

Offline nafraf

« Reply #601 on: 07 / August / 2013, 13:00:56 »
I just got an SX260.
I'm running sx260hs-101a-1.2.0-3010-full_ALPHA.
Where could I find what known problems exist, what really needs testing, etc w.r.t. the SX260 port?
This port seems to be stable. Known bugs: Raw doesn't work in auto mode, and debug_led() not implemented.
http://subversion.assembla.com/svn/chdk/trunk/platform/sx240hs/notes.txt
http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=7889.msg95543#msg95543
http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=7889.msg96578#msg96578

Offline udo

« Reply #602 on: 07 / August / 2013, 13:35:54 »
Thanks for the clarification!

« Reply #603 on: 05 / September / 2013, 12:02:07 »
Hello,
I´m trying to disable IS error (E32) of a camera sx 260 hs with firmware 1.0.1 a
Someone know how to do it?

Thanks

« Reply #604 on: 17 / May / 2014, 16:02:14 »
I have noted multiple problems with focusing on this camera. Crashing at the moment of focusing is repeatable always with some settings as you describe. I would not recommend this camera for use with CHDK at this time.

Hi all,

Does focus (aka subject distance) bracketing work for anyone on the SX260?  I get an instant crash any time I try to use it.  I set manual focus (no bracketing is done otherwise), set up subj distance bracketing, and press shutter button.  Camera appears to crash just after taking the first photo - presumably while trying to adjust focus.

If this is a bug, rather than me doing something incorrectly, it would be great if someone would be kind enough to look into it.  I can provide crash dumps or whatever else is helpful.  It would be really nice to be able to do focus bracketing on the camera.

Thanks in advance

Offline reyalp

« Reply #605 on: 17 / May / 2014, 16:48:04 »
I would not recommend this camera for use with CHDK at this time.
If you only encounter the problem using focus overrides and related features like focus bracketing, then just avoiding those features should be sufficient.

If you are experiencing crashes without any focus overrides enabled, then some more detail might help get the problem actually fixed. A ROMLOG would be a good place to start.

Focus overrides have problems on many cameras. Work is under way to improve things, but it's troublesome area with a lot of camera specific issues. See http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=11078.0
The CHDK 1.3 builds may work better with focus overrides.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #606 on: 17 / May / 2014, 17:20:35 »
I have noted multiple problems with focusing on this camera. Crashing at the moment of focusing is repeatable always with some settings as you describe.
Did you make sure the ServoAF and ContinuousAF settings in the Canon shooting menu are set to off?
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #607 on: 17 / May / 2014, 19:40:31 »
I am using a very recent 1.3 build.  One sure way to crash the camera is set a subject dist override and set manual focus then half press. This is not a setting that would make sense so it may not be important however even when not set to manual focus sometimes half press produces a crash.  This is not related to any of the focus settings like servo af, continues af etc as it happens with or without them enabled.

My main problem with the camera is that I wanted to use it for aerial photo from a UAV, but images are always out of focus with any combination of settings imaginable. On the ground it seems to work but once in the air for some reason it cannot focus. The settings I use are the usual for this kind of photo, same that work on my other camera, an elph320. This is what led me to trying manual focus and distance overrides but then the crashes became the problem, specially when I need to take hundreds of pictures per flight so even a not so frequent crash is a big problem.

I have noticed when showing subject distance in the OSD that half press to focus multiple times gives different values each time for distances of 20m or more. And sometimes when distance override is set for example to 20000cm and the subject is actually about that far the OSD will show values around 20.0 instead of 200.

I would be happy to try anything or send you any logs, just let me know what to do.

On a related topic, does anyone know how to trigger by USB without CHDK? I wanted to try taking pictures without the software to see if the camera alone has the focusing problem, but I don't know how to trigger once in the air.

Thanks

« Reply #608 on: 17 / May / 2014, 19:54:12 »
I forgot to mention that the airborne shots are always at 9mm zoom. One would think at this zoom it would be easy to get things in focus. The OSD shows a hyperfocal dist of around 4 at 9mm. Setting the subject distance override to 400cm produces out of focus pictures. Maybe I do not understand some of these concepts?

Setting the aperture to 6.5 or more helps but then if I cannot use the full lens aperture I might as well go back to the elph320 which has no issues and is lighter.

one last minute update: I got confused with the units on the subject distance override as the manual says the max is 65535 but I have tested I can set larger values and this is giving some better results (on the ground). I will have to retest on the air next week and report back.  I still can't figure out what units are used for related values in the OSD.
« Last Edit: 17 / May / 2014, 20:13:14 by alonsoac »

« Reply #609 on: 17 / May / 2014, 19:57:18 »
My main problem with the camera is that I wanted to use it for aerial photo from a UAV, but images are always out of focus with any combination of settings imaginable.
Out of focus? Or blurred by slow shutter speed and/or by vibration from the UAV motors?

I would be happy to try anything or send you any logs, just let me know what to do.
Select Miscellaneous Stuff -> Debug -> Save ROM crash log.   And then post the resulting A/ROMLOG.LOG file here.

On a related topic, does anyone know how to trigger by USB without CHDK?
That's a very specific CHDK hack.  It's not going to happen without CHDK loaded.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16