« Reply #440 on: 19 / October / 2012, 17:14:57 »
Advertisements
Remaining attachments.

Offline nafraf

Re: SX260 HS Porting Thread
« Reply #441 on: 19 / October / 2012, 17:33:33 »
@sx260_owner
Thanks for report.
The ROMLOG.LOG that you posted was generated with the last version?  According to date, camera crashed yesterday.  :)

From llibtst.log: mkdir fails, The same bug in a810, a2300, a3400.  I need to check it.

@others developers:
I had not seen the error related to set_mode before. Any suggestions? Can it be a problem with propset?  I'll check the code...

« Reply #442 on: 19 / October / 2012, 18:08:04 »
I started with a brand new card today and only the latest chdk release (alpha 4) on it. So, if the crash was yesterday, it would have been from the old alpha 3 release. I will remove the rom dump and all log 3 log files and try again a bit later today.

« Reply #443 on: 19 / October / 2012, 19:04:12 »
Ran thru tests again on a clean sd card with only alpha4 release. Summary:
llibtst.lua - end os FAIL 2
setmode.lua - pass
ubtest.bas - pass

no new crash, rom.log was from yesterday (alpha3)

I have attached the log files for this second run, though they look similar (but not identical) to the first run with alpha4.

Let me know if there are any other tests that I can run

« Reply #444 on: 19 / October / 2012, 19:05:06 »
Also ubtest.bas log.

Offline nafraf

« Reply #445 on: 20 / October / 2012, 06:38:06 »
no new crash, rom.log was from yesterday (alpha3)

I have attached the log files for this second run, though they look similar (but not identical) to the first run with alpha4.

Let me know if there are any other tests that I can run
I think that the code is ready for alpha release.  I'll submit the patch.

Please wait to the patch be applied to autobuild server and test it again.  If you found any new issue, post to the forum.  Thanks.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #446 on: 20 / October / 2012, 16:16:19 »
@others developers:
I had not seen the error related to set_mode before. Any suggestions? Can it be a problem with propset?  I'll check the code...
It would be good to check if the actual mode changes when set_capture_mode is called. You can do this by changing the first parameter of the setmode script to 1 ("menu"). The camera should be in record mode before you start the script.

According the the sigfinder, the modemap should be correct.

On some cameras, the mode change does not take effect immediately. You can try increasing the 5th parameter to setmode.lua
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #447 on: 20 / October / 2012, 17:09:28 »
os failed because mkdir function failed, the same problem was detected (and persists) in a810 and a2300.  CHDK works but it need to be checked better.
Please check what the underlying mkdir (=MakeDirectory_Fut stub) function returns on success and failure. The lua code assumes 0 on success.

If the canon code returns something different on these cameras, the wrapper should be adjusted with a DRYOS_R... #ifdef so the chdk sees the expected return value.

You can test this on an affected camera with chdkptp, by looking up the stub address and using return call_func_ptr(address,"dirname",-1)

Note the CHDK wrapper code passes -1 as the second (unknown) param to mkdir, but it looks like for the sx260, the canon firmware passes 1 or 0.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #448 on: 21 / October / 2012, 15:44:15 »
@nafraf:
Thanks for all your help. I was able to install the autobuild server release. No new issues so far (the llibtst.lua still has the "end os FAIL 2" error).
Will continue to test. Let me know if there are any specific tests I can help with.

Thanks again.

« Reply #449 on: 22 / October / 2012, 17:27:23 »
so... am I correct in thinking that the port is working, at least to some extent?

I grabbed the latest build from http://mighty-hoernsche.de/trunk/ (sx260hs-101a-1.2.0-2225-full_ALPHA) and followed the instructions here:

http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Prepare_your_SD_card

but I can't seem to get the splash screen to appear - any hints or pointers to tricks I should know about?

I did the low-level format of the SD card (16 GB), confirmed it was FAT32, copied the files over, and tried the "Firmware Update Method" described on the above page

but after doing "Firmware Update..." and confirming, screen just goes black, and it's dead until I take out the battery and re-start

I must admit I'm a little confused about what should be in the vers.req file - leave it empty? put in the Canon firmware version (1.00 rev 2.00)? something else?

anyway, thx in advance, apologies if this is premature or I'm doing something stupid

-JT