Can't run scripts! - page 2 - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum
supplierdeeply

Can't run scripts!

• 27 Replies

Offline srsa_4c

Re: Can't run scripts!
« Reply #10 on: 03 / April / 2012, 16:34:51 »
Advertisements
@outslider:
Nevermind, good question :)

edit:
This post contained this quote:
- I placed both of the scripts I want to use in the root, which is the only place I'm able to get to, and I was able to load them from there without a problem.
Then I noticed that your question is appropriate.
« Last Edit: 03 / April / 2012, 16:46:57 by srsa_4c »

« Reply #11 on: 03 / April / 2012, 16:40:55 »
Oh - I didn't notice your post somehow!
if (2*b || !2*b) {
    cout<<question
}

Compile error: poor Yorick

« Reply #12 on: 03 / April / 2012, 19:21:57 »
I am using the SET button to choose a directory, it's just kicking me out when I do so.

Unfortunately at the moment I don't have another SD card to try...

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #13 on: 03 / April / 2012, 19:31:37 »
I am using the SET button to choose a directory, it's just kicking me out when I do so.
In this case, can you answer this:
Are the folders marked with "< dir >" in the file manager / file open dialog?
?

« Reply #14 on: 03 / April / 2012, 19:43:01 »
In this case, can you answer this:
Are the folders marked with "< dir >" in the file manager / file open dialog?
?
Ah...my apologies, sir. I did not have my camera on me until just now. I just looked, and while the DCIM directory is labeled as < dir >, the CHDK just shows as "0 b"

What does it mean!? :)

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #15 on: 03 / April / 2012, 19:53:23 »
Ah...my apologies, sir. I did not have my camera on me until just now. I just looked, and while the DCIM directory is labeled as < dir >, the CHDK just shows as "0 b"

What does it mean!? :)
That means the camera CHDK recognizes it as a regular file, not a folder. When you look at it from a computer (with the sd card placed into a cardreader), is it a folder?

« Reply #16 on: 03 / April / 2012, 22:48:21 »
In Windows it's a folder. I understand that it means CHDK sees it as a file. What I meant was that I wanted to know what it meant for how CHDK would operate. Will it function without access to that folder? Is it actually using stuff from that folder, just not through the file manager? Why does the DCIM folder display properly? That kind of stuff...

« Reply #17 on: 03 / April / 2012, 23:51:07 »
In Windows it's a folder. I understand that it means CHDK sees it as a file.
This is very strange.  How did you format this card ?   Fat16, Fat32 or exFat ? 
And can you repeat it if you set everything up from scratch ?

What I meant was that I wanted to know what it meant for how CHDK would operate. Will it function without access to that folder? Is it actually using stuff from that folder, just not through the file manager? Why does the DCIM folder display properly? That kind of stuff...
If the SD card format is somehow "wrong" then all bets are off on how CHDK will work.  Yes - many CHDK functions need access to the SD card folders to work correctly.  For a simple example, do you get the round CHDK logo on boot or just the text box ?   CHDK needs to be able to find that logo on your SD card so if the format is "different" I would expect it not to appear.

Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #18 on: 04 / April / 2012, 00:39:18 »
You are correct. I just get the text box and not the round logo.

I formatted the 2GB card as "FAT (Default)," which I thought I'd read was FAT16. I'll try to find another card to work with...

« Reply #19 on: 04 / April / 2012, 00:50:58 »
You are correct. I just get the text box and not the round logo.

I formatted the 2GB card as "FAT (Default)," which I thought I'd read was FAT16. I'll try to find another card to work with...
Your SD card is most likely just fine - that is not where the problem is.   What OS are you using ?
« Last Edit: 04 / April / 2012, 00:52:33 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16