Can't run scripts! - page 3 - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum
supplierdeeply

Can't run scripts!

• 27 Replies
Re: Can't run scripts!
« Reply #20 on: 04 / April / 2012, 01:01:33 »
Advertisements
Windows 7. I also have a MacBook handy with OSX 10.5.8.

« Reply #21 on: 04 / April / 2012, 01:23:29 »
I had simmilar problem when I have removed a SD card from my computer withous unmounting it (same as safety remove in windows). One folder become 0b file and it was unaccesible - I lost some nice photos then.

What that means - the filesystem is somehow broken. You could try one of these things:

-remove CHDK folder on your SD card using computer and then create it again, then put all the stuff that should be there (from zip).

If that's not working:

-reformat SD and install CHDK again.
if (2*b || !2*b) {
    cout<<question
}

Compile error: poor Yorick

« Reply #22 on: 04 / April / 2012, 01:25:57 »
Yeah, it's possible that happened. I was swapping it between computer and camera so often it's possible I forgot to properly eject a couple times. I'll probably go the full formatting route.

Fortunately, despite these annoyances, I've been able to start playing around with the time lapse script, which is pretty fun. I haven't used any of these before aside from motion detection, which also works well.

Offline zeno

« Reply #23 on: 04 / April / 2012, 04:34:40 »
Since you have a Mac, you might find my SDMInst app useful - it will do the formatting and copying necessary to set up a card for CHDK (or SDM) and is somewhat easier to use than the Windows tools.

See http://www.zenoshrdlu.com/clickpansdm/sdminst.html
A570, S100, Ixus 127
Author of ASSIST, STICK, WASP, ACID, SDMInst, LICKS, WICKS, MacBoot, UBDB, CFGEdit

« Reply #24 on: 09 / April / 2012, 09:46:21 »
Sorry for the delay in my follow-up, but I just got around to messing with this yesterday.

I'm not sure what the original problem was (probably a formatting issue), but now I'm running smoothly. I went out and picked up a 32GB card at Microcenter for $26, and used SDMInst.exe to format it with two partitions. Now it works beautifully.

Thanks so much for the help. I appreciate it!

« Reply #25 on: 09 / April / 2012, 23:00:34 »
Okay, I only have one minor issue. I can only see the FAT16 partition when I look at the card in Windows. On the Mac, I can see both partitions.

I like my MacBook, but it's not my main computer, and it's not where I have Premiere installed. It's not the end of the world to transfer the photos from my laptop to my desktop, but I'd rather just pop the card in and read it. What did I do wrong here? Can I fix it?

Offline reyalp

« Reply #26 on: 10 / April / 2012, 01:04:10 »
Okay, I only have one minor issue. I can only see the FAT16 partition when I look at the card in Windows. On the Mac, I can see both partitions.

I like my MacBook, but it's not my main computer, and it's not where I have Premiere installed. It's not the end of the world to transfer the photos from my laptop to my desktop, but I'd rather just pop the card in and read it. What did I do wrong here? Can I fix it?
Unfortunately, windows only recognizes the "first" partition on removable media. Mac and Linux don't have this restriction. You can swap partitions in camera, but to get back you'll have to manually load CHDK using "firm update" (assuming your camera supports this, a few don't) and then swap again to get back to autoboot.

You can also transfer your files using the USB cable. If you use normal windows software, you may have trouble transferring raw/dng, and you won't be able to upload scripts etc.

You can also use the CHDK PTP extension to transfer any files, (see http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/PTP_Extension ) but it's not very user friendly, and installing the USB driver may disable the normal windows USB software.

BTW, if you put CHDK related files on your card using a mac, watch out for this http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ/Mac#Still_Having_Trouble.3F

Depending on what you are doing, you may find it more convenient to just get a 4gb card to dedicate to CHDK. Or just format your with a 4 gb fat 16 and ignore the rest.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline Pauls9

• S3 IS
« Reply #27 on: 10 / April / 2012, 05:00:02 »
Following recommendations in the forum, I've put SDMInste in both partitions on the card. Makes it easy to run and swap partitions when plugged in to the PC.