ELPH 110 HS (IXUS 125 HS) Porting Thread - page 13 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

ELPH 110 HS (IXUS 125 HS) Porting Thread

• 246 Replies
Re: ELPH 110 HS (IXUS 125 HS) Porting Thread
« Reply #120 on: 31 / May / 2013, 19:43:35 »
Advertisements
Hi, i'm new to this forum, i'd like to know the current development state for this camera, and more specifically for the 100d firmware (wich my camera has), i saw some posts behind a build for it, apparently it needs testing, i'm willing to test, what are the tools needed for that? to make useful error logs and stuff? whats working? what exactly needs testing? thank you for your answers and excuse my noobishness

Offline nafraf

« Reply #121 on: 31 / May / 2013, 20:37:42 »
Hi, i'm new to this forum, i'd like to know the current development state for this camera, and more specifically for the 100d firmware (wich my camera has), i saw some posts behind a build for it, apparently it needs testing, i'm willing to test, what are the tools needed for that? to make useful error logs and stuff? whats working? what exactly needs testing? thank you for your answers and excuse my noobishness
Source code is ready for test, I can send you a compiled version if you want to test it and report.

If you have programming experience and want to compile the code by yourself, check and fix the code, you can start here: http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/For_Developers

If you want  to test it as user, you can start reading CHDK manual:
http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK_User_Manual

Some basic scripts for test: http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Testing

Photo overrides, video overrides, remote control, scripts should be working. Some things in to do list, taken from notes.txt:
- EXT_VIDEO_TIME not implemented
- Modemap table is not complete
- CAM_ACTIVE_AREA_?? not calibrated
- camera_set_led(): led_table[] indexes not found.
- Tables in shooting.c were not verified

« Reply #122 on: 01 / June / 2013, 15:40:27 »
i'd like a compiled version, i do have some programing experience, when i come at home i can read those links you send me, it would be great to have this software in a more stable state, i guess you're the one who ports this version but don't own the 100d firmware camera right? tnx for your answer

Offline nafraf

« Reply #123 on: 02 / June / 2013, 08:09:49 »
i'd like a compiled version, i do have some programing experience
OK. I sent you a PM with the link for download.
i guess you're the one who ports this version but don't own the 100d firmware camera right? tnx for your answer
I don't have any IXUS 125, it was a blind port.

« Reply #124 on: 03 / June / 2013, 22:15:38 »
Finally got the time to get it running, seems to run fine, tested some raw shooting and auto bracketing, soon i'l get to test the stuff from the notes and report back.

« Reply #125 on: 10 / June / 2013, 16:24:22 »
Can anyone provide me with a CHDK compiled version for ELPH 110HS V100d?
I Know it is a test version.

Thanks,
Carlos

Offline blackhole

• A590IS 101b
    • Planetary astrophotography
« Reply #126 on: 10 / June / 2013, 18:01:07 »
Can anyone provide me with a CHDK compiled version for ELPH 110HS V100d?

Ixus 125HS 100d  1.2.0-r2856

« Reply #127 on: 11 / June / 2013, 20:12:46 »
Thank you Blackhole, worked fine!
carlos

« Reply #128 on: 13 / June / 2013, 02:35:23 »
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I got to know CHDK when I was googling how to remotely control a compact camera and see the liveview using a pc. I know DSLR does this, but sometimes it's not convenient to bring a DSLR, so I'm looking for a compact camera solution.
After research, I think ixus 125hs is a decent one, because many other cameras supported by CHDK are already discontinued. From one of the attached photos I can see that remote display in chdkptp works with firmware 100e. However, I don't know whether it works on firmware 101a, which is probably the current version on market. Can anyone test if it works? If not, I think I can help because I'm a computer science student. Thanks.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #129 on: 13 / June / 2013, 15:54:40 »
However, I don't know whether it works on firmware 101a, which is probably the current version on market. Can anyone test if it works? If not, I think I can help because I'm a computer science student. Thanks.
In general, if live view works correctly on one firmware version it should work on the others. If it doesn't, the bug will probably be something that we can fix relatively easily.

Live view should work to some degree on all CHDK supported cameras. The things that are most likely to be broken are
1) colors when displaying the canon UI may be wrong.
2) live view may not be the full frame buffer, or may not adjust for modes that change the viewport dimensions. In some cases it might be totally garbled, but this should be pretty rare.
In both cases, fixing is usually a matter of implementing some fairly simple functions and possibly finding some addresses in the firmware.
Don't forget what the H stands for.