SX230 Manual Load - Blank Screen! Help! - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum

SX230 Manual Load - Blank Screen! Help!

• 2 Replies

Offline LJT

SX230 Manual Load - Blank Screen! Help!
« on: 05 / June / 2012, 18:35:47 »
Advertisements
Hi, i am a newbie with CHDK and am trying to get it loaded onto my Canon SX230 but am unable to do so.I have downloaded the most recent stable version 1.00C, formatted my 4gb sd card on the sx230 and loaded the PS.FI2, DISKBOOT.BIN, and CHDK folder onto the memory card. 

The problem i am having, is that when i start the camera in playback mode and go to update the firmware, i select ok, then it just goes blank.  Nothing else, just blank.  In fact, when i try to press any other buttons, it is unresponsive.  I have to physically take the battery out and put it back in before any buttons regain functionality.

Please help!

Larry

Re: SX230 Manual Load - Blank Screen! Help!
« Reply #1 on: 05 / June / 2012, 18:37:31 »
Sounds like you are using a version of CHDK that does not match your cameras firmware.  How did you determine that your camera has firmware version 1.00c ?

http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ#Q._How_can_I_get_the_original_firmware_version_number_of_my_camera.3F
« Last Edit: 05 / June / 2012, 18:39:15 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline LJT

Re: SX230 Manual Load - Blank Screen! Help!
« Reply #2 on: 06 / June / 2012, 00:58:59 »
Ah thank you.  I just remember reading that version 1.00C was the stable version and all others were experimental, so i just assumed...  But now i got the right one and it works.  Thank you!

Larry