CHDK UI version 2.0 ? - page 23 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum  

CHDK UI version 2.0 ?

• 542 Replies
Re: CHDK UI version 2.0 ?
« Reply #220 on: 18 / July / 2012, 16:46:57 »
Advertisements
I like the idea with '-' meaning. I never used '-' bracketing, only '+/-' but if I would I would think as tsvstar - '-' means darker. This is good way to standarize.

I agree - I don't think the factor is really usefull. Ev steps do the job nice. There could be only additional field to set Ev step size (1, 1/3, 1/6, maybe more) which would work for Tv setting (as well as for Av and maybe ISO? To be considered). If somebody needs exact value like 1/12345 s then just use script. This way no advanced mode would be needed.

Forgive me that I can't build and try your improvements but I'll get marriage in saturday, so I'm a little busy now :D

Thank you for all your work!
if (2*b || !2*b) {
    cout<<question
}

Compile error: poor Yorick

« Reply #221 on: 18 / July / 2012, 23:59:31 »
Update tsv-uitest (rev1999):
- Only "Simple mode" currently exists.
- Help raised on first CHDK run and could be reopened "Misc Stuff - Show HELP". Locale is respected.
- Some cleanup made (switch control removed, obseleted gui_items, lng) + lang file cleanup. About 1k saved.

Subjects to discuss:
- Is tv_factor mode needed? If not, even more cleanup could/should be done. If yes, it should be integrated into current menu
- Looks like focus_koef is needed (at least for superzoom and some other camera)
- Is backcompatibility of conf required (the only benefit is first run of new version. if not, some conf values and import code could be removed and simplify control flow)

Subjects to improve:
- Logariphmic scale of focus override (?)
- Simplify zoom override (it is not implemented because it couldn't be checked on my s95)
- Allow to be "Quickdisabled" more list of fields (av, quality, ...) to unify control
- Reconcile to base workspaces (philmoz-uitest/trunk)
« Last Edit: 19 / July / 2012, 00:10:18 by tsvstar »

« Reply #222 on: 19 / July / 2012, 00:04:29 »
outslider,
Congratulate! Поздравляю! Удивлен что ты даже в это время находишь время заглядывать в CHDK.

Я вот снова здесь потому что в длительной коммандировке один и поэтому появилось некоторое время чтобы сделать усовершенствования. Как раз когда они стала востребованными :)

« Reply #223 on: 19 / July / 2012, 00:10:22 »
outslider,Congratulate! Поздравляю! Удивлен что ты даже в это время находишь время заглядывать в CHDK.
Я вот снова здесь потому что в длительной коммандировке один и поэтому появилось некоторое время чтобы сделать усовершенствования. Как раз когда они стала востребованными :)

Google Translate :

outslider Congratulations! Surprised you even at this time find the time to look into the CHDK.

I've been back here because the long trip out one and therefore there was a time to make improvements. Just when they became popular :)
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #224 on: 25 / July / 2012, 09:16:16 »
tsvstar-uitest. rev2007

Major rewriting of script loading code. Totally simplified, behavior is the same as before.
No more brainexploding unobvious modes and dependencies. Code is now plain and simple. Extensive and correct comments.

- Some new auxilary functions to extend existed are created. They are placed to lang.c for now but probably should be moved.
- Format of saved parameters file is completely different. This use new function, which will be important part of my next UI improvement.

I did tests and everything works well

PS. This could be useful independent on including my branch to main trunk. But too many difference between branches to simple  copy this changes to trunk.

« Reply #225 on: 25 / July / 2012, 10:07:40 »
Major rewriting of script loading code. Totally simplified, behavior is the same as before.
No more brainexploding unobvious modes and dependencies. Code is now plain and simple. Extensive and correct comments.
@tsvstar :  while you were changing the parameter file stuff,  did you think about the @desc macro decribed here :
http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=8151.msg86352#msg86352

« Reply #226 on: 25 / July / 2012, 10:54:34 »
I just rewrite code to make it understandable. No improvement of behavior are made.
I didn't change parsing of script. New format of stored values looks like "i=10,v=41". No more @something strings there. This is much more simple to parse and this will be used in my futher improvements.

Regarding to proposal.
I'd like store in param/paramsetnum files var/set state information only. Something generated by CHDK. Like CHDK.CFG. Configurations should be in different files.

Alternative proposal:
- Add a new directory A/CHDK/CFG/SCRIPT/
In scope of my futher improvements new CFG directory will be added anyway to organize pack of configs. So just place as part of it.
- For each script config file could be placed there and named as "scriptname.cfg"
- Format of this file is one line per "set_num|set_name"

Such one improvement could be pretty easily implemented
« Last Edit: 25 / July / 2012, 11:09:00 by tsvstar »

« Reply #227 on: 25 / July / 2012, 11:30:29 »
I working on profiles and cfg-driven menu now. This is not too complex to implode into CHDK (although it is pretty complex inside).
But this will require significant extension of CHDK directory tree.

Purpose of profiles - is separation different users one from other. script configurations, and overall CHDK configs are separated. This actually is done and works. But I'd like to finalize second part to better reconcile.
Purpose of cfg-driven menu - is quick access to any functions, quick tune up camera for different kind of scenes, quick run every-day used scripts. In human-readable form.

To make this possible following changes of CHDK directory structure are required. (Some abbrev used to respect 32sym length limitation on old cameras).

A/CHDK/DATA/ - contain all stored by CHDK configs
A/CHDK/DATA/PROFILE.NOW - number of active profile
A/CHDK/DATA/CHDK_00.CFG - config of profile #0 (instead of current A/CHDK/CHDK2.CFG)
A/CHDK/DATA/SCR00/scriptname.set - last paramset num of script "SCRIPTNAME" at profile#0
A/CHDK/DATA/SCR00/scriptname._1  - values of paramset#1 of script "SCRIPTNAME" at profile#0

A/CHDK/CFG/ - all kind of text configurations, edited by user
A/CHDK/CFG/SCR_00/scriptname.cfg - configuration of names paramsets of script "SCRIPTNAME" at profile#0
A/CHDK/CFG/PROFILES.LST - list of names of available profiles
A/CHDK/CFG/PROFILE.00 - config file which describe menu structure for profile #0

Profile #00 is always exists and its default name is "Base".

Proposals to improve this?

« Reply #228 on: 25 / July / 2012, 19:18:07 »
Purpose of cfg-driven menu - is quick access to any functions, quick tune up camera for different kind of scenes, quick run every-day used scripts. In human-readable form.
Proposals to improve this?
I'm a big fan of the existing User Menu as a way to make CHDK really usefull when doing real photography.  The addition of "quick run every-day used scripts" would really improve its functionality !  Especially if one option was to be able to select from a (preconfigured) list of shooting scripts (i.e. not via the painful process of scrolling through files / directories every time you want to use a different script) that become the script that activates when you full-press in <ALT> mode.

From previous posts,  I understand why you want profiles so that you can support more than one user of your camera.  As long as it doesn't get in the way every time my camera starts (i.e. if I don't use it - I don't see it) then I have no problem with that.  Other's may find it usefull but I just can't see training my family members to use CHDK.

As far as CHDK directory structure changes - I say its v1.2 and new territory.  Make the changes early in the release so people get using to living with them and just get going.

Offline philmoz

• Photos
« Reply #229 on: 25 / July / 2012, 19:49:26 »
- Format of saved parameters file is completely different.

Does it still load the existing parameter files and convert them?
If not then you should consider adding code to do this - major changes are ok; but you should try and maintain some level of compatibility.

Phil.
CHDK ports:
  sx30is (1.00c, 1.00h, 1.00l, 1.00n & 1.00p)
  g12 (1.00c, 1.00e, 1.00f & 1.00g)
  sx130is (1.01d & 1.01f)
  ixus310hs (1.00a & 1.01a)
  sx40hs (1.00d, 1.00g & 1.00i)
  g1x (1.00e, 1.00f & 1.00g)
  g5x (1.00c, 1.01a, 1.01b)
  g7x2 (1.01a, 1.01b, 1.10b)