S1 IS - page 3 - CHDK Releases - CHDK Forum  

S1 IS

• 28 Replies

Offline srsa_4c

Re: S1 IS
« Reply #20 on: 22 / January / 2013, 19:57:52 »
Advertisements
Will continue to work on CHDK for S1 IS?
Are waiting for the final version.
For now, prealpha7 is the "final" version.
It probably won't be integrated into the official CHDK source, due to the amount of changes it would require.
Other problems with the port:
- the source contains huge number of hacks, many of which do not work satisfactorily
- not all CHDK functionality is supported
- most CHDK scripts require modifications to run
- CPU performance is bad

If you have specific problems, report them.

Silent update, prealpha8
bug fixed
- free space measuring method has been changed as the old hacky method turned out to be very buggy
  note that unlike in newer cameras,
  - files written by or deleted by CHDK do not immediately change the free space display (probable reason is that
    a caching file system is used)
  - the camera sometimes corrects its idea of free space
    - after recording an audio note
    - after taking a picture (which means the space taken by the new DNG/RAW file is immediately noticed)

BUG: Do not enable DOF calculations or anything that involves focal lengths. The camera will crash badly if you do... This bug affects all previous releases too.
« Last Edit: 27 / February / 2013, 09:33:58 by srsa_4c »

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #21 on: 14 / April / 2013, 20:05:08 »
Prealpha 9

This is a CHDK 1.2 based release. Be sure to copy the CHDK folder to the card, not just PS.FIR.

Changes:
- keyboard handling partly rewritten, shoot() now mostly works, ubtest succeeds (if the camera finds the focus fast enough)
- ptp now works in play mode, just don't forget to load CHDK before trying. File upload may not be entirely reliable (my tests completed without a problem though).
- the included extend.m script lets you load CHDK with a single press on the SET button, if you start the cam in play mode.
- the DOF display related bugs should be gone

Source repo is now https://subversion.assembla.com/svn/chdk-s1.s1-trunk/

Here's the extend.m script, to avoid unnecessary package downloads  ;)
Code: [Select]
private sub Initialize
ExecuteFirmUpgrade("/CF0R0V0/PS.FIR")
end sub

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #22 on: 09 / November / 2014, 14:51:50 »
One thing was still bothering me: white balance information was not available for DNGs. I managed to find the equivalent of PROPCASE_WB_ADJ, the propcase is called "WhiteCoefficient" in this firmware. From brief testing it appears to work.

Prealpha 10:

- White balance is now recorded in DNGs.

Offline koshy

« Reply #23 on: 06 / September / 2019, 20:24:21 »
@srsa_4c Always intended to try your prealpha for the S1 IS, finally came across a cam, too.

There is no firmware revision to be found in the common way on the exif data so I guess 102A it is.
Code: [Select]
  | | | 9)  CanonFirmwareVersion = Firmware Version 1.02
  | | |     - Tag 0x0007 (22 bytes, string[22])

Is this build compatible wth todays CHDK, that is can it be re-built from the current trunk?
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #24 on: 07 / September / 2019, 05:59:19 »
There is no firmware revision to be found in the common way
Well, the ver.req method is working, see first post.
Only the latest firmware revision is supported (it's displayed as 1.002A when you start the camera in play mode with the ver.req file placed to the root of the CF card and press SET + DISPLAY at the same time)
I'd recommend dumping the camera's firmware before you go further, use the extend.m script attached to the first post. This camera is old and has a higher chance that some bytes are corrupted in ROM.
Is this build compatible wth todays CHDK, that is can it be re-built from the current trunk?
No, because
It probably won't be integrated into the official CHDK source, due to the amount of changes it would require.
Other problems with the port:
- the source contains huge number of hacks, many of which do not work satisfactorily
- not all CHDK functionality is supported
- most CHDK scripts require modifications to run
- CPU performance is bad

Offline koshy

« Reply #25 on: 07 / September / 2019, 08:25:09 »
Thanks for the pointer, ver.req says 102A

I'd recommend dumping the camera's firmware before you go further, use the extend.m script attached to the first post. This camera is old and has a higher chance that some bytes are corrupted in ROM.
Did that, nothing to compare the dump to here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B08pqRtyrObjNjBLVjhMYmlTYjQ attaching it...
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #26 on: 07 / September / 2019, 08:36:18 »
Did that, nothing to compare the dump to here
My dump is still in the repo, can be found here in case of interest. The main firmware does not differ from mine, so it's probably ok.

Offline koshy

« Reply #27 on: 07 / September / 2019, 08:50:20 »
The main firmware does not differ from mine, so it's probably ok.
Thanks for that. Put your latest build in place, boots fine, CHDK screen on an S1, shot a CHDK-DNG on a Dinosaur  :)
I'll play with it a little. Must be close to the oldest camera that runs CHDK.

@fe50 FW 102A of S1 IS posted above, same as srsa_4c's dump from way back when, why not add it to the rest of the lot...

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #28 on: 04 / November / 2019, 08:05:55 »
Added the
  • S1 IS 1.02A (internal: 1.002a)
special dump by srsa_4c from this assembla space to the CHDK P&S FW dumps repository.

Since this dump most probably will not be directly usable with the default CHDK tools / the sigfinder, it is named PRIMARY.BIN.special