Script for SX220, need your help - Script Writing - CHDK Forum

Script for SX220, need your help

• 6 Replies
Script for SX220, need your help
« on: 23 / April / 2012, 20:20:11 »
Advertisements
I am trying to build a script to do initially the following:

When triggered by USB remote for the first time, the camera will take a picture and remember the exposure settings. When triggered again, the camera will take a picture with the same settings as the first time. Any consecutive picture will do the same. I'd like to be able to set either aperture or speed priority, or even auto and not to have to change the script and still get consistent results.

Could some one post a sample script that I can work with?

Many thanks. 

Re: Script for SX220, need your help
« Reply #1 on: 24 / April / 2012, 11:09:40 »
Could some one post a sample script that I can work with?
Here you go :

Code: [Select]
@title Exposure Locked  Remote
do
  wait_click 1
until is_key "remote"

press "shoot_half"

do
    sleep 50
until get_shooting = 1

while 1
  click "shoot_full_only"
  do
      wait_click 1
  until is_key "remote"
wend

:restore
   release "shoot_half"
end
« Last Edit: 24 / April / 2012, 21:14:54 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #2 on: 25 / April / 2012, 17:45:05 »
Thank a lot for your help. I was wondering if we can "spice" it a bit :) in order to do some exposure bracketing as well. So, after the initial half press, we'd have 3 shots taken each time USB remote is activated - one with the estimated exposure, one plus half a stop, and one minus half a stop. Would that be possible?

« Reply #3 on: 25 / April / 2012, 18:23:26 »
Thank a lot for your help. I was wondering if we can "spice" it a bit.
sheesh .. can I come to your house, cut your grass and wash your car too ?  :haha

:) in order to do some exposure bracketing as well. So, after the initial half press, we'd have 3 shots taken each time USB remote is activated - one with the estimated exposure, one plus half a stop, and one minus half a stop. Would that be possible?
I'll leave the scripting part of this as an "exercise for the reader". 

But the development version of CHDK already pretty much supports this.  See this link -> USB Remote Bracketing.

Details on where to get the deveopment version are available here ->CHDK Dev Version

« Reply #4 on: 26 / April / 2012, 01:19:55 »
sheesh .. can I come to your house, cut your grass and wash your car too ?  :haha
That would great, my car definitely needs washing :D

:) in order to do some exposure bracketing as well. So, after the initial half press, we'd have 3 shots taken each time USB remote is activated - one with the estimated exposure, one plus half a stop, and one minus half a stop. Would that be possible? I'll leave the scripting part of this as an "exercise for the reader". 

But the development version of CHDK already pretty much supports this.  See this link -> USB Remote Bracketing.
The last time I've tried this it was not working properly. What was happening was the camera will add half a stop up and down with each next shot, lets say we've start with 1/60 -> 1/30, 1/100, then 1/15, 1/200 and so on. This is the reason I've asked, if there is a way to get the exposure value in the scrip and then set it accordingly. And please don't get me wrong, I do write my own scripts, but it has been a while and the sintax had changed since.

Cheers.

« Reply #5 on: 26 / April / 2012, 08:15:45 »
The last time I've tried this it was not working properly. What was happening was the camera will add half a stop up and down with each next shot, lets say we've start with 1/60 -> 1/30, 1/100, then 1/15, 1/200 and so on.
Actually,  that's the way it is supposed to work.

This is the reason I've asked, if there is a way to get the exposure value in the scrip and then set it accordingly. And please don't get me wrong, I do write my own scripts, but it has been a while and the sintax had changed since.
The functions you are looking for are get_ev, get_tv, get_iso and set_ev,set_tv and set_iso.  When I get a little time I may take another look at this.

« Reply #6 on: 30 / May / 2012, 21:45:29 »
I thought you might be pleased to see the fruits of your labor so here is a link to a panorama that was shot using your script.

http://aerialphotoimage.com/360/Mexico/RoyalDecameron.html

I do have a question, though. Currently the camera takes quite a lot of time between each shot, perhaps about a second or even more. Is there a way to speed this up? Ideally I'd like the camera to work just like in continuous mode when the USB remote is triggered. I hope this makes sense.