Switching off PowerShot D10 display while script is running - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum

Switching off PowerShot D10 display while script is running

• 2 Replies

Offline d10

Switching off PowerShot D10 display while script is running
« on: 06 / August / 2012, 15:04:56 »
Advertisements
Hey guys, hoping someone can help :)

I bought a D10 a few months ago after ending my A550 against the floor when it told me to change a set of fully charged batteries. Great camera and all, but alas, I can't switch the display off as I could always do with the now-deceased A550.

What I'm wanting to to is use the ultra intervalometer script with the display off -- is there a piece of code I can slap into the current script that will switch the display off? Having the cam taking a few hundred pics with the display on is a battery killer, so was hoping a CHDK propellerhead would be able to help out?  ;)

Tx!

Re: Switching off PowerShot D10 display while script is running
« Reply #1 on: 06 / August / 2012, 15:16:16 »
What I'm wanting to to is use the ultra intervalometer script with the display off -- is there a piece of code I can slap into the current script that will switch the display off? Having the cam taking a few hundred pics with the display on is a battery killer, so was hoping a CHDK propellerhead would be able to help out?  ;)

http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Script_commands#set_backlight.28.29

But its really not going to give you a lot of additional battery life.

Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline reyalp

Re: Switching off PowerShot D10 display while script is running
« Reply #2 on: 06 / August / 2012, 22:35:57 »
You can turn the display off between shots using the sleep mode. This should save more power than turning off the backlight. You can assign this to the print button and then send print from script. You will have to do this after every shot, since it shooting will wake it up.
Don't forget what the H stands for.