SD360 Help - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum

SD360 Help

• 3 Replies
SD360 Help
« on: 16 / June / 2012, 12:01:03 »
Advertisements
I'm having trouble getting CHDK to run on my Canon SD630.

The camera runs firmware version GM1.00A. After installing CHDK to my SD card, I have no trouble accessing the firmware information via the "Func/Set + Disp" method.

Where I keep getting off track, however, is loading the CHDK firmware from the Firmware Update option in the playback menu. Essentially, I cannot get the Firmware Update option to appear with any regularity. I've got it to appear once, but now I cannot get it back.

The directions say to start the camera directly in Playback mode without using the on/off switch. The SD630 seems to only have a selector switch for playback mode that does not actually turn the camera on.

Does anyone have any tips on getting the firmware option to show on the SD630?

Thanks!

Re: SD630 Help
« Reply #1 on: 16 / June / 2012, 12:37:46 »
This is not for the same camera but the process outlined might be of some help :

http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=1215.msg17852#msg17852
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Re: SD360 Help
« Reply #2 on: 16 / June / 2012, 14:52:13 »
Thanks for the tips. Unfortunately, those ideas don't seem to work.

Offline reyalp

Re: SD360 Help
« Reply #3 on: 16 / June / 2012, 16:03:42 »
I'm having trouble getting CHDK to run on my Canon SD630.

The camera runs firmware version GM1.00A. After installing CHDK to my SD card, I have no trouble accessing the firmware information via the "Func/Set + Disp" method.

Where I keep getting off track, however, is loading the CHDK firmware from the Firmware Update option in the playback menu. Essentially, I cannot get the Firmware Update option to appear with any regularity. I've got it to appear once, but now I cannot get it back.

The directions say to start the camera directly in Playback mode without using the on/off switch. The SD630 seems to only have a selector switch for playback mode that does not actually turn the camera on.
On cameras like this, you just put the selector in the play position and then use the normal power button.

If you are copying the files using a Mac http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ/Mac#Still_Having_Trouble.3F

If you aren't using a Mac, make sure the files are actually on the root directory of the SD card.
Don't forget what the H stands for.