Eye-Fi Pro x2 8gb card error when using CHDK - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Eye-Fi Pro x2 8gb card error when using CHDK

• 6 Replies
Eye-Fi Pro x2 8gb card error when using CHDK
« on: 18 / June / 2012, 19:23:50 »
Advertisements
I have a couple of A495 cameras in a book scanner I built.
CHDK has been working great (manual loading), but when I tried to upgrade to use an Eye-Fi Pro x2 card I get errors "Card Locked" and "Memory Card Error" when I start CHDK.

The card seems to work great in this camera before I start CHDK.

I have tried numerous different partition sizes and types, and flipped the lock switch on the card back and forth to no avail.

Is this card incompatible with CHDK? or is it just something with my camera and/or the beta build?

Thanks
-John Fenley
« Last Edit: 18 / June / 2012, 19:25:28 by Pontifier »

Re: Eye-Fi Pro x2 8gb card error when using CHDK
« Reply #1 on: 19 / November / 2012, 11:38:14 »
Still having problems with CHDK and eye-fi.
got a 4gb eye-fi card because some other posts implied that they work. CHDK refuses to use these cards. They work fine when using the camera without chdk, but as soon as CHDK boots up, they give me a memory card error!

I have tried every possible method I can think of and am pulling my hair out. Eye-fi works, start CHDK, card stops working!

The camera I am using is a Cannon a495, and CHDK works with regular 4gb sdhc cards, just not the eye-fi ones...

I've tried formatting them to various sizes with linux and windows machines fat16, and fat32. nothing works.
Can someone please help me?

« Reply #2 on: 19 / November / 2012, 11:46:44 »
I don't know anything about Eye_Fi card (I've never used one) but you might try booting using the "firmware update" method and see if that works ?
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #3 on: 20 / November / 2012, 11:44:06 »
I am using the firmware update method. As soon as i see the CHDK logo, I get "card locked" and "memory card error" on the screen, and the camera will not take pictures. this happens with the lock switch in either position.

« Reply #4 on: 20 / November / 2012, 11:47:23 »
I am using the firmware update method. As soon as i see the CHDK logo, I get "card locked" and "memory card error" on the screen, and the camera will not take pictures. this happens with the lock switch in either position.
and it only does that with the wifi card ? 

« Reply #5 on: 20 / November / 2012, 12:08:07 »
more detail:
I have a Cannon Powershot A495
I have a 4gb verbatim sdhc card
I have a 4gb Eye-Fi Connect X2 SDHC card

I am using a recent firmware from the build server:
a495-100f-1.1.0-2289-full_BETA

here is a video of the error I am getting:
CHDK Eye-Fi error

The same firmware with the regular SD card, with both formatted the same, in the same camera works fine.

« Reply #6 on: 20 / November / 2012, 13:13:00 »
So the camera boots properly with the eye-fi card installed and the firmware update (which is really just a reboot using the CHDK modified version of the camera's original firmware) works with a regular SD card but not with the eye-fi card. 

Looks like you've tried all the obvious things correctly. It should work.

The only difference I can think of that might be causing a problem is that CHDK adds a dual partition check to the Canon code.  If it thinks that there are two partitions when there is really only one, then that might cause what you are seeing.  How is the eye-fi card formatted ?  Did you try to format as dual partition so that CHDK can use the whole 8G ?  Can you low level reformat it as FAT32 8G and try that ?

Also, I did a little google search - not much out there and nothing about eye-fi and the A495.  This was the best I found :
http://ostro.ced.berkeley.edu/~crisr/discuss/comments.php?DiscussionID=3121
So it seems like some people have those cards working with CHDK.