When will CHDK be out of beta for SX40 HS? - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum

When will CHDK be out of beta for SX40 HS?

• 2 Replies
When will CHDK be out of beta for SX40 HS?
« on: 30 / June / 2012, 13:28:23 »
Advertisements
Just looking forward to a stable release. I have been a beta tester for Microsoft for many years (when they release a service pack..not beta tester). I would prefer not take chances on beta releases on my new camera ie. SX40HS. I do however; look forward to features currently not available.

Is there any timeline?

Thanks
The Only Wolf Here

Re: When will CHDK be out of beta for SX40 HS?
« Reply #1 on: 30 / June / 2012, 13:47:40 »
Just looking forward to a stable release. I have been a beta tester for Microsoft for many years (when they release a service pack..not beta tester). I would prefer not take chances on beta releases on my new camera ie. SX40HS. I do however; look forward to features currently not available.
The whole ALPHA / BETA thing with CHDK is pretty much arbitrary and mostly up to the individual person doing the port.  Many cameras never leave BETA status  - not so much because they are unstable but more because the person doing the port moves on to other things and never comes back to remove the designation.

For the most part,  your best bet is to watch the porting thread  for a camera you are interested in and judge stability based on a lack of reported bugs.

And if you are worried about your camera,  be aware that CHDK comes with no guarantees. 
FAQ#Can CHDK damage your camera?

Is there any timeline?
No
« Last Edit: 30 / June / 2012, 13:51:53 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Re: When will CHDK be out of beta for SX40 HS?
« Reply #2 on: 01 / July / 2012, 23:17:12 »
Thanks