No Firm update option on my sd1000? Ok I made it work! - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

No Firm update option on my sd1000? Ok I made it work!

• 2 Replies
No Firm update option on my sd1000? Ok I made it work!
« on: 18 / March / 2008, 13:52:06 »
Advertisements
I have no Firm update uption in my menu (playback mode). I have the right built, etc. Any tips?

Ok, using the uploader from Canon for the A40, I was able (by changing the name of the firmware) to upload it on my camera, adding at the same time the Firm update necessary to activate the CDHK options. Ouf! That was not easy.

Question resolved.

Now I cannot read the CRW files...
« Last Edit: 18 / March / 2008, 15:36:05 by tabbyarthur »

Re: No Firm update option on my sd1000? Ok I made it work!
« Reply #1 on: 21 / March / 2008, 11:37:49 »
hi tabbyarthur,

to open the CRW files, you will need to use a program that can convert them - there is a good description on the FAQ page here:

FAQ - CHDK Wiki

i would recommend starting with UFRAW -

(go here: UFRaw - Download & Install)

- it works very well, and is fairly easy and straightforward to use. in converting the CRW files, you will set things like white balance and exposure, then output the image in a file format which a "normal" image editor can read (16-bit tiff would be a good choice to get the benefit of shooting in RAW in the first place) then do your final touching-up there.

hope that helps. :)

Re: No Firm update option on my sd1000? Ok I made it work!
« Reply #2 on: 23 / March / 2008, 09:29:35 »
Could you explain in more detail how you got the firmware to update, and where you got the new firmware? Canon doesn't show any updates for this camera.

I ran CHDK on my SD1000 version 1.00c by using this build:

http://grandag.nm.ru/hdk/autobuild/allbest-ixus70_sd1000-100c-46.zip

and it seems to work fine, though I haven't tried many of the options yet.
« Last Edit: 23 / March / 2008, 12:36:20 by GrAnd »