CHDK for video cameras? (Canon FS20) - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum

CHDK for video cameras? (Canon FS20)

• 3 Replies
CHDK for video cameras? (Canon FS20)
« on: 30 / June / 2012, 18:07:50 »
Advertisements
Hello all,

I have this camera:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/camcorders/flash_memory_camcorders/fs20#Specifications

Well, video camera.

I didn't see anything that said that an FS20 video camera was supported by any of the CHDK project, but I figured I'd ask anyway.

I really really need to get this thing to shoot at a higher FPS, as high as possible really.

If there's any way to do this, I'd be forever in someone's debt if they can point me to the right resources or version of CHDK to get the job done.

Re: CHDK for video cameras? (Canon FS20)
« Reply #1 on: 30 / June / 2012, 18:16:59 »
I didn't see anything that said that an FS20 video camera was supported by any of the CHDK project, but I figured I'd ask anyway.
Sorry - no.

I really really need to get this thing to shoot at a higher FPS, as high as possible really.

If there's any way to do this, I'd be forever in someone's debt if they can point me to the right resources or version of CHDK to get the job done.
I think you are going to need to buy a better video cam ..
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #2 on: 30 / June / 2012, 18:29:02 »
Well, video camera.
Unfortunately, Canon video cameras are completely different, much more complicated. You can find information about some of them here: http://www.hv20.com/forum.php

« Reply #3 on: 01 / July / 2012, 05:02:26 »

Remember, the camera hardware can only shift data at a certain rate.
At the same time, it tries to prevent files from becoming too large.
That means the image has to be compressed more, is of lower quality and smaller in size if the framerate is increased.

There are such cameras  (Casio ?).