remove exposure time limit of 1s - General Chat - CHDK Forum

remove exposure time limit of 1s

• 4 Replies

thunder89

remove exposure time limit of 1s
« on: 31 / December / 2007, 04:21:13 »
Advertisements
Hello,
I am fairly new to this board and English is not my first language, so I hope you can understand what I mean:

When using the AEB function of my Powershot G7, the longest time exposed is 1 second. So if the right exposure time is 1s and I want to take +/- 2EV steps, the camera will take pictures at 1/4, 1s, 1s. Or if 2s would be needed, the cam still uses only 1s..

Is there a way to remove this limitation without having to use scripts? Because the script don't really integrate in the GUI and using them slows the process of taken pictures rather down..

Thank you
Felix

Re: remove exposure time limit of 1s
« Reply #1 on: 31 / December / 2007, 05:56:09 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 09:20:12 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

thunder89

« Reply #2 on: 31 / December / 2007, 22:29:49 »
I was just wondering if there was a way to remove this limit, because the built-in aeb is a lot easier and faster to use then the chdk menu - especially with the customer modes of the g7 where you can enable aeb, so that you can use it by just turning one wheel, whereas you habe to enable this function in the alternative menu and then switch to the continuos  mode which needs a lot more steps (and you have to remember enabling this feature..)
I know this limitation has been there as long as I can remember ( G2..) and I have always wanted to remove it, so any help is welcome ;)

« Reply #3 on: 01 / January / 2008, 07:53:35 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 09:20:29 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

thunder89

« Reply #4 on: 02 / January / 2008, 07:37:12 »
But using the continous mode I have to hold the button while taking the pictures which highens the change of me slightly moving the camera, second the EV is not stored in the taken picture..
So these to points make the built-in mode more comfortable, so do you know how the change chdk's behavior in these points?