ultra intervalometer problems - Creative Uses of CHDK - CHDK Forum  

ultra intervalometer problems

• 7 Replies

Offline brizo

ultra intervalometer problems
« on: 26 / July / 2012, 14:46:55 »
Advertisements
Hi,

This is my first post, I've looked at other threads & can't find what i'm looking for.  I'm pretty new to CHDK & am really enjoying its uses but still don't fully understand a lot of it!  I have added the ultra intervalometer to my sx40hs but it won't work.  I've tried the 4 different script versions, but every time I set my times & press my shutter button a red box comes up in the top left corner with yellow writing saying "uBASIC:1 Unk stmt"  I don't know why this is happening & would appreciate any help with this.

Thanks

**I've just realised I've posted in the wrong forum!  how do I go about moving this thread?**
« Last Edit: 26 / July / 2012, 14:59:21 by brizo »

Re: ultra intervalometer problems
« Reply #1 on: 26 / July / 2012, 15:39:44 »
Whatever software tool you are using to cut & paste the script code into a file is adding extra formatting characters.   You need to use a simple editor like Notepad rather than a word processor

Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline brizo

« Reply #2 on: 26 / July / 2012, 16:00:05 »
I've been using notepad & saving as all file type & encoding utf-8, I can't understand where the problem is coming from or where the extra commands are as I'm copying and pasting exactly from the script on the chdk site

« Reply #3 on: 26 / July / 2012, 16:47:45 »
I've been using notepad & saving as all file type & encoding utf-8, I can't understand where the problem is coming from or where the extra commands are as I'm copying and pasting exactly from the script on the chdk site

Please post the file you created as an attachment and somebody will take a look at it to confirm the problem ?

Offline brizo

« Reply #4 on: 26 / July / 2012, 17:38:54 »
here's a copy of one of the 4 scripts that i've tried, I appreciate your help

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #5 on: 26 / July / 2012, 17:46:58 »
Notepad placed a unicode marker/character at the beginning of the file. Change the encoding to something non-unicode (ANSI?) and re-save.

Offline brizo

« Reply #6 on: 26 / July / 2012, 17:54:39 »
Notepad placed a unicode marker/character at the beginning of the file. Change the encoding to something non-unicode (ANSI?) and re-save.

That worked great!!  thanks very much.  I saw on youtube that when installing chdk onto my camera the ver. file had to be saved with utf-8 so I just assumed all files need to be saved with that encoding, really appreciate your help!

« Reply #7 on: 26 / July / 2012, 17:59:40 »
I saw on youtube that when installing chdk onto my camera the ver. file had to be saved with utf-8 so I just assumed all files need to be saved with that encoding, really appreciate your help!
Well now,  that advice might just explain why so many people have been having problems getting the f/w version number for their cameras using a ver.req file.