new branch - CHDK : Elf Edition - Developers wanted - page 27 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum
supplierdeeply

new branch - CHDK : Elf Edition - Developers wanted

• 312 Replies
Re: new branch - CHDK : Elf Edition - Developers wanted
« Reply #260 on: 10 / March / 2012, 06:31:44 »
Advertisements
The extra C was added a long time ago for basically the same reason. We can drop it.

That clashes with the SDM CFG file for earlier cameras.

Would only affect the relatively few people who wish to have SDM and CHDK on the same card.
Later cameras have a different CFG extension.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #261 on: 10 / March / 2012, 14:29:16 »
That clashes with the SDM CFG file for earlier cameras.
I was suggesting CCHDK2.CFG would be CHDK2.CFG. Are you saying SDM used this ?

(or maybe CHDK11.CFG, I'm still tempted to just tie to to release version whether it's required or not...)
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #262 on: 10 / March / 2012, 16:04:03 »
I was suggesting CCHDK2.CFG would be CHDK2.CFG. Are you saying SDM used this ?

No.

I thought you used CCHDK.CFG.

« Reply #263 on: 05 / April / 2012, 20:12:45 »
Might have stumbled on a new problem that may be related to loadable modules ?

I'm trying to use the User Menu feature.  Using OSD Parameters | User Menu [Edit],  I add a single entry to the menu - "Load Edge Overlay" from the Edge Overlay menu.  I then set things up so the the User Menu loads "as Root" and "On Dire" and exit the CHDK menus & <ALT>.

When I enter <ALT>,  I get the expected User Menu with the single "Load Edge Overlay" entry as expected.  All good so far.

Using the latest stable build,  I can power the camera off and then back on and get the User menu on entering <ALT> with the single "Load Edge Overlay" entry.  As expected.

But  using the latest dev build,  when I power the camera off and then back on,  I get the User menu on entering <ALT> but the "Load Edge Overlay" entry is missing.  The menu items have been lost.

Somehow the menu entries do not restore properly after a power cycle.  I tried deleting the CCHDK2.CFG file but that did not solve the problem.

I was able to repeat this on both my G10 and IXUS120.

« Last Edit: 05 / April / 2012, 20:14:28 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline philmoz

• Photos
« Reply #264 on: 05 / April / 2012, 20:35:35 »
Might have stumbled on a new problem that may be related to loadable modules ?

I'm trying to use the User Menu feature.  Using OSD Parameters | User Menu [Edit],  I add a single entry to the menu - "Load Edge Overlay" from the Edge Overlay menu.  I then set things up so the the User Menu loads "as Root" and "On Dire" and exit the CHDK menus & <ALT>.

When I enter <ALT>,  I get the expected User Menu with the single "Load Edge Overlay" entry as expected.  All good so far.

Using the latest stable build,  I can power the camera off and then back on and get the User menu on entering <ALT> with the single "Load Edge Overlay" entry.  As expected.

But  using the latest dev build,  when I power the camera off and then back on,  I get the User menu on entering <ALT> but the "Load Edge Overlay" entry is missing.  The menu items have been lost.

Somehow the menu entries do not restore properly after a power cycle.  I tried deleting the CCHDK2.CFG file but that did not solve the problem.

I was able to repeat this on both my G10 and IXUS120.

Menu items stored inside the module won't work in the current user menu system.
You can add the parent menu (Edge overlay); but not any of the child menu items.

The user menu needs to be extended to include the module reference as well as the menu item reference.

Phil.
CHDK ports:
  sx30is (1.00c, 1.00h, 1.00l, 1.00n & 1.00p)
  g12 (1.00c, 1.00e, 1.00f & 1.00g)
  sx130is (1.01d & 1.01f)
  ixus310hs (1.00a & 1.01a)
  sx40hs (1.00d, 1.00g & 1.00i)
  g1x (1.00e, 1.00f & 1.00g)
  g5x (1.00c, 1.01a, 1.01b)

« Reply #265 on: 05 / April / 2012, 20:53:46 »
Menu items stored inside the module won't work in the current user menu system.
You can add the parent menu (Edge overlay); but not any of the child menu items.
The user menu needs to be extended to include the module reference as well as the menu item reference.
Thanks Philmoz.  Assuming it might have an understood root cause, I thought I'd post that rather than wade through the code on my own.  I actually noticed that I could get some things to "stick" - now I know why as well.

Big job or small job to fix user menus ?   I never could get it working on the SD940 but once I got used to it on the G10 I don't really want to go back to not using it.   (And I found out why the SD940 does not work - need to submit a patch to #undef CAMERA_HAS_ERASE_BUTTON in platform_camera.h - the default is that the camera has one).

UPDATE :  but menu items stored inside the module seem to work just fine until the power gets cycled ???   Is that just because the module has not been unloaded during my tests ?

« Last Edit: 05 / April / 2012, 21:23:28 by waterwingz »

« Reply #266 on: 06 / April / 2012, 04:49:27 »
edge overlay module is never unloaded after loading because need to store catched edge picture (keep stable branch behaviour).
You could check which modules are loaded at any moment by modinsp.flt

« Reply #267 on: 06 / April / 2012, 09:37:35 »
edge overlay module is never unloaded after loading because need to store catched edge picture (keep stable branch behaviour).
You could check which modules are loaded at any moment by modinsp.flt
Thanks - that makes sense.   What's the best way to change the User Menu function so that it works again like it does in the stable version ?

« Reply #268 on: 28 / April / 2012, 18:41:49 »
Please provide a way to convert CCHDK.CFG settings to CCHDK2.CFG . If an automated in-camera conversion is too hard, an external tool will do. Thanks.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #269 on: 28 / April / 2012, 22:20:34 »
Please provide a way to convert CCHDK.CFG settings to CCHDK2.CFG . If an automated in-camera conversion is too hard, an external tool will do. Thanks.
Is resetting your settings once for a major release really a big deal ?

I wouldn't want this in core CHDK code, but a lua script, module or external tool would be welcome if someone wants to write it. Anyone doing this should keep in mind that CCHDK2.CFG is subject to change until the trunk is close to release.
Don't forget what the H stands for.