Intervalometer... - Hello, I'm a NEWBIE - HELP!! (Newbies assistance, User Guides and thank you notes) - CHDK Forum

Intervalometer...

• 6 Replies
Intervalometer...
« on: 14 / August / 2012, 22:29:31 »
Advertisements
Hello i need to ask about the intervalometer script. i have read thru the below link a  few times already. I have the August 11/2012 build. I am looking for the intervalometer script/settings.On my august 3 /2012 build i could find them. When i press the the load script from file i think i should be getting the lua and bas etc....

When ALT mode shows it says default script. i think it has something to do with that ,but not sure how to change it.
                               any help would be appreciated.... :)

http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Countdown_Intervalometer
« Last Edit: 14 / August / 2012, 22:32:58 by spark802 »

Re: Intervalometer...
« Reply #1 on: 14 / August / 2012, 22:37:18 »
Hello i need to ask about the intervalometer script. I have read the below link over a few times already.
That sounds like a good start.

I have the August 11/2012 build. I am looking for the intervalometer script/settings. On my august 3 /2012 build i could find them.
The date of the build you are using has nothing to do with what scripts you can use.   It might be interesting to know what camera, firmware version and CHDK release you are using though.

When ALT mode shows it says default script.
That means you have not loaded any script (hence the word "default").   You need to go to the script menu and load a script file from the SD card - either one of the scripts installed there by default or one you found online and copied there or one you wrote yourself and copied there.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #2 on: 14 / August / 2012, 22:47:38 »
G-12,  100e , 1.1.0.0.

CHDK 1.1.0-2079

thanx again.....

« Reply #3 on: 14 / August / 2012, 22:53:18 »
G-12,  100e , 1.1.0.0.
Great camera,  stable CHDK port done by one of the pro's,  current stable build of CHDK.  All good !

So, from your first post

When i press the the load script from file i think i should be getting the lua and bas etc....

Are you assuming the script you are looking for should be there ( and hence on your SD card )  automatically ? 

There are only a few scripts included with CHDK ( including a basic intervalometer that probably does 96% of what people really want).  The rest you have to transfer to your SD card manually from where every you find the source code on the internet ( and CHDK wikia / forum usually).

« Reply #4 on: 14 / August / 2012, 23:38:12 »
G-12,  100e , 1.1.0.0.

There are only a few scripts included with CHDK ( including a basic intervalometer that probably does 96% of what people really want).  The rest you have to transfer to your SD card manually from where every you find the source code on the internet ( and CHDK wikia / forum usually).

I am assuming it should be because my August 3 /2012 build had it. Then i goofed and lost the build. Anyway ive downloaded the intervalometer link from the above link and will try and find it.

You said earlier that i should look for it in the script menu. All i see on my osd or display is "scripting parameters."

that sends me to load file from script....maybe i should upload the old build????  or do it this way and learn how to load scripts properly. Yes the G12 is a gem.

dave

« Last Edit: 14 / August / 2012, 23:40:31 by spark802 »

« Reply #5 on: 14 / August / 2012, 23:51:01 »
I am assuming it should be because my August 3 /2012 build had it.
I seriously doubt that script came with that build.  After 3000+ posts on this forum I will admit to occasionally being confusesd,  but I'm pretty sure that I'm not in this case.

Anyway ive downloaded the intervalometer link from the above link and will try and find it.
That sounds better !!

You said earlier that i should look for it in the script menu. All i see on my osd or display is "scripting parameters." that sends me to load file from script.
YES !!  Now you're talking .. when you click on that .. you get a file selector that lets you choose which script file to load. So pick the intervalometer you want to use (assuming you have adeded it to your SD card) and away you go !

....maybe i should upload the old build????
Sure .. go ahead if you have time to spare.  Its going to look just like the build you have loaded now.  But sometimes people just need to prove things for themselves.  I do that all the time !

« Reply #6 on: 14 / August / 2012, 23:53:33 »
Again,  Thanks

D