I can not say for sure because I only use Photoshop, but you can try it and it does not cost anything. The problem may be the availability of work with layers.
Download the free trial version and try the procedure used in Photoshop.http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=photoshop_elements&loc=us
1. Open your dark frame and the light frame
2. Click on the dark frame image,Select>All,Edit>Copy
3. Click on the light frame image,Edit>Paste
4. Select the dark frame layer and change the blending mode to Difference
5. Change the opacity of the dark frame to the desired value