Comparison: CHDKPTP vs Canon's RemoteCapture - page 13 - RAW Shooting and Processing - CHDK Forum  

Comparison: CHDKPTP vs Canon's RemoteCapture

• 129 Replies
Re: Comparison: CHDKPTP vs Canon's RemoteCapture
« Reply #120 on: 31 / August / 2012, 00:33:27 »
Advertisements
HELP -- I can't get a FAT16 onto an 8GB SD already formatted to FAT32 in WinXP.  Partition Magic does not see the card too.  Do you know if the S90 will boot from the 8GB FAT32? 
It won't. 

And you can't make a single FAT16 partition - that's the limitation of FAT16.

Full instructions here :  http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Prepare_your_SD_card#For_cameras_released_before_2011_:
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline SticK

« Reply #121 on: 31 / August / 2012, 00:53:44 »
The partition is created as a 2M FAT12 ... and 8G FAT32.  Any problem with a FAT12?

Offline reyalp

« Reply #122 on: 31 / August / 2012, 01:07:46 »
The partition is created as a 2M FAT12 ... and 8G FAT32.  Any problem with a FAT12?
FAT12 should work.

To make test builds, I need to know which Canon firmware version your s90 has.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline SticK

« Reply #123 on: 31 / August / 2012, 01:11:31 »
GM1.01A

Offline reyalp

« Reply #124 on: 31 / August / 2012, 02:03:04 »
Here's a test build for s90 101a. It has the viewport size, active bitmap and palette functions implemented.

Note that to update a multi-parition card, you need to get the diskboot.bin onto the small partition.

edit:
I don't have a full firmware dump from this camera. If you can make a fresh dump, that would be helpful.

You can use the canon basic dumper http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Canon_Basic/Scripts/Dumper or the following lua script (using a build with native calls enabled, like the one I posted.)
Code: [Select]
--[[
@title Write memory to file
--]]
function printf(...)
print(string.format(...))
end
function errf(...)
error(string.format(...),2)
end

if (type(call_event_proc) ~= "function" ) then
error("your CHDK does not support native calls")
end

if (call_event_proc("System.Create") == -1) then
error("System.Create failed")
end

DUMPFILE="A/PRIMARY.BIN"
addr=0xFF810000
size=0x007EFFFC
f=call_event_proc("Fopen_Fut",DUMPFILE,"wb")
if (f==0 or f==-1) then
errf("Fopen_Fut %s failed %d",DUMPFILE,f)
end
r=call_event_proc("Fwrite_Fut",addr,size,1,f)
if (r ~= 1) then
printf("Fwrite_Fut return %d expect 1",size)
end
call_event_proc("Fclose_Fut",f)
« Last Edit: 31 / August / 2012, 02:13:46 by reyalp »

Offline SticK

« Reply #125 on: 31 / August / 2012, 02:15:16 »
S90 Untethered starts CHDK fine.  I only tried bringing up menu and OK.

This is the stock build  // thanks mi amigo ==>> I will test your new build tomorrow -- you beat me again  :(.
---------------------------

When I first connected to chdkptp, could not get rec to work // froze camera with blue light ON.  Had to remove battery to reset camera.

2nd time connected // it's working for now.

The problem .......

It seems to me like you're "zooming-in" something like cropping off the bottom part of the image // look at the camera LCD and SS of liveview.

Hopefully not a big job to fix // because you have 360x270 it seems with Scale A/R checked (but I didn't pixel-measure).

dump
http://www.sendspace.com/file/w0l1r4

It's very late and this is all I can do until tomorrow // I hope you can work with it ... in the meantime I will do the special CCD tests possible w CHDK.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #126 on: 31 / August / 2012, 02:21:42 »
When I first connected to chdkptp, could not get rec to work // froze camera with blue light ON.  Had to remove battery to reset camera.

2nd time connected // it's working for now.
That is odd.

It seems to me like you're "zooming-in" something like cropping off the bottom part of the image // look at the camera LCD and SS of liveview.
As I said, viewport dimensions were probably wrong in stock build. From the dump, chdkptp is seeing a 240 line viewport, when it should probably be 480. Test build should fix this.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #127 on: 01 / September / 2012, 20:52:00 »
Yes I can confirm that if I cover the lens for the liveview to go dark, then a few UI icons do show a bit.  But color is still off, eg the set direction arrows on each side of Tv which are supposed to be a vivid green, are a light violet.  There is not much else I can see easily so that's all I can help you with for now.
If you can give me a dump of this build with the CHDK palette displayed, I can probably fix this. It won't show correctly in chdkptp, since this is a new palette encoding (VUYA with some kind of 2 bit? lookup on the A component), but that doesn't matter, the dump still includes the palette and bitmap pixels

I have it mostly working from you chdk_3192_20120830_044601.lvdump dump but the interpretation of the alpha component is unclear. You can see this in the spots around the edges of some icons in the screencap below.

Offline SticK

« Reply #128 on: 01 / September / 2012, 22:43:18 »
SX110 PALETTE.ZIP   --  I also gave you a hi-res view of the LCD screen.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/661no0

Offline SticK

« Reply #129 on: 10 / September / 2012, 13:31:02 »
Wrong thread.