A3300 User Menu (Edit Mode) Problem - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

A3300 User Menu (Edit Mode) Problem

• 4 Replies
A3300 User Menu (Edit Mode) Problem
« on: 02 / September / 2012, 06:25:33 »
Advertisements
Hi,

Yesterday i installed chdk for my camera. Everything went smoothly except the User Menu Edit procedure.

I followed the manual by going to OSD, then change the User Menu to "Edit" and then browsed to the menus i wanted to add by half pressing "Half Shoot" since i don't have an "Erase" button.

But it doesn't seem to be working :( Nothing changes, no messages appear and when i enable "User Menu as Root" and try to access it, it is blank.

The only thing that seems to change is when i'm at a menu and rotate the +/- zoom which gives me 1-10-100-1k-100k. I don't think that's important but i thought i'd mention it in case it makes a difference.

p.s. I also tried a combo with half shoot and down button which has the delete button in blue, nothing,  and finally the display button which is in blue color along with down button but that doesn't work either.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Re: A3300 User Menu (Edit Mode) Problem
« Reply #1 on: 02 / September / 2012, 09:08:42 »
I followed the manual by going to OSD, then change the User Menu to "Edit" and then browsed to the menus i wanted to add by half pressing "Half Shoot" since i don't have an "Erase" button.
But it doesn't seem to be working :( Nothing changes, no messages appear and when i enable "User Menu as Root" and try to access it, it is blank.
I noticed that the "confirmation box" was not coming up on the A1200 port either.  That camera has no "erase" button but when I used the "half press" while in Edit mode it did add entries to the user menu.   Maybe cameras with a "face" button can be setup to use it in the place of the "erase" button.   I'll look at that today while I try to figure out what's wrong with the basic functionality on newer cameras.

The only thing that seems to change is when i'm at a menu and rotate the +/- zoom which gives me 1-10-100-1k-100k. I don't think that's important but i thought i'd mention it in case it makes a difference.
Normal and unrelated.  That's used to make it easier to adjust numeric menu entries - sort of like a multiplier for each input change.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #2 on: 02 / September / 2012, 12:26:31 »

Looks like the "confirmation prompt" patch did not make it into the 1.1.0 stable branch.  Pity.

Your problem with not being able to add things to the user menu is because the A3300 build thinks the camera has a seperate Erase button. 

Someone needs to add this line to the camera's platform_camera.h file :

Code: [Select]
#undef  CAM_HAS_ERASE_BUTTON
I submitted a patch file - hopefully it will get rolled into the build at some point soon.

« Last Edit: 02 / September / 2012, 12:34:05 by waterwingz »

« Reply #3 on: 03 / September / 2012, 11:13:39 »
Patch should now be in the autobuild.

http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=650.msg90294#msg90294

Post back here if you still can't get User Menu's working.

Note that User Menu in the dev (unstable) trunk supports an acknowledge message box when you add things to the menu.  It also allows  you to add script names so that you can use the User Menu to select your favorite scripts.  There is also even more functionality coming - the User Menu will be replaced by something called User Profiles.

« Reply #4 on: 05 / September / 2012, 10:39:48 »
Hello waterwingz and thank you for your help.

I decided to return my a3300 and get the IXUS 230 HS (ELPH 310) because indoor shots and high iso performance was really disappointing. The noise levels was unbearable even at 400 iso.

Anyway, thank you for your immediate and detailed response. I didn't have the chance to test the solution you posted. I hope it works for other A3300 users.

If i encounter similar problems with ixus 230 i will start a new thread.

Cheers