Build 48 - page 3 - AllBest's Builds - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Build 48

• 49 Replies

Offline dzsemx

• [SX40HS][A650][A630]
Re: Build 48
« Reply #20 on: 28 / March / 2008, 10:49:57 »
Advertisements
The User mode calculates the slowest shutter speed, perhaps the scene has lots of light, so your ISO was put to the minimum (and faster shutter used)? The Custom AutoISO tries to maintain the same overall exposure...
i have always on the screen the real and the marketed iso value :) just to be sure
i tried in many light conditions to see when it raises iso value...
so i got  1/80s(and sometimes 1/60)

For camera's w/o IS it is simply ignored (defaults to 1).
so remove short IS_factor = (shooting_get_is_mode()<=1)?conf.autoiso_is_factor:1; :D
(i'm just joking, i will try to understand the code better)

and about crashing...
it occours every time when autoflash is on and i point my camera to a bright scene that don't need flash...

« Last Edit: 28 / March / 2008, 10:57:12 by dzsemx »

« Reply #21 on: 28 / March / 2008, 12:31:28 »
hey a new version :)

i wanna take this opportunity to thank everyone who was involved in developing this. first of all allbest of course, but also all the programmers whose code was included in this release and everybody on here who's suggesting new features and testing for bugs.

i haven't checked out the "auto iso" function yet (looks promising, hope it works on my cam), but the user menu alone is an awesome new feature.

i found a small bug -- whether or not you mark the toggle active in the menu, the osd is _always_ visible in review mode. nothing major.

(a560)

thanks again everybody, you make my cam so much more fun.

« Reply #22 on: 28 / March / 2008, 14:08:55 »
Hallo!
Thaks for great job. I'm using CHDK no longer then month in my A560. It's very helpfull and I can learn how my camera is working at all. I try to use as many options, as I can manage in A560. In the new built 48 I can only zoom in durring video recording. Can you tell me it is normal, or small bug. Also as I understood well, it is also not possible to enble manual focusing in this camera.
Love to all of you.
Christopher

Re: Build 48, SD870IS bug?
« Reply #23 on: 28 / March / 2008, 14:58:00 »
I just love the all bestbuild! Really appreciate all the time everyone has put into this.

Not sure were to report this, but I'm noticing a problem with my camera with version 46 and 48. I have the SD870IS firmware 1.00C, and there is something wrong with the main CHDK alt-menu. What happens that the menu only stays on the screen for a fraction of a second, to a few seconds; it seems to depend on what the camera is pointed at; if the camera lens is covered the menu acts mostly normally. When it is not working, the menu will either completely disappear or sometimes the right edge or bottom will remain, but you can't use it. The menu is gone until you press one of the arrow keys, then the menu will reappear with your changes for a moment.  The script menu is OK.

This is kind of hard to describe, I could post a video of it if needed. Not sure if this is just me or what, but it happened with both 46 and 48 on this camera (those are the only ones I've tried).

I've been working around it by pressing the camera's menu button first, then getting CHDK up, that works fine. It seems to have something to do with what the camera is pointing at and it needing to redraw something on the screen. 
Thanks!

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #24 on: 28 / March / 2008, 15:30:23 »

i found a small bug -- whether or not you mark the toggle active in the menu, the osd is _always_ visible in review mode. nothing major.

review mode is not the same as playback mode, mind you. as of now there is no toggle to influence chdks osd behaviour in playback mode. but that bugs me a lot too, think i'm gonna code something.

Offline wontolla

• S3 & G9 & A720
« Reply #25 on: 28 / March / 2008, 16:05:21 »
One feature I think a lot of people are waiting for is the "delete RAW when you delete JPG". I think people were working on it.

It is been discussed in this thread: Erase JPG along with corresponding CRW in any folder - done
I uploaded a build for every camera in case people want to try it.

« Reply #26 on: 28 / March / 2008, 22:08:39 »
Christopher
Also as I understood well, it is also not possible to enble manual focusing in this camera.
Why? Please see Build 34

« Reply #27 on: 29 / March / 2008, 15:02:30 »
review mode is not the same as playback mode, mind you. as of now there is no toggle to influence chdks osd behaviour in playback mode. but that bugs me a lot too, think i'm gonna code something.

hm i tried it again today and the osd doesnt show in review mode..so im happy with that for now.

custom auto iso works somehow..but with limitations. likewise in iso override:
exif data for the test images show iso values lower than 80 or higher than 1600..but the images taken with lower values have identical histogram readings with images taken at iso 80. images with exif/display data showing iso 2500 are in fact less bright than images with iso set at 1600. my conclusion: iso override doesnt seem to work right with the a560.

« Reply #28 on: 29 / March / 2008, 16:21:14 »
many thanks for the ixus 860 addition.

Cheers ;)

« Reply #29 on: 29 / March / 2008, 17:17:21 »
I am unable to use this build in my new A570IS. I can use Build 37 for 101a. I noticed that there isn't a download for 101a; will there be?
Cheers on the hard work!