Powershot A3400 IS - Porting thread - page 2 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum
supplierdeeply

Powershot A3400 IS - Porting thread

• 56 Replies
Re: Powershot A3400 IS - Porting thread
« Reply #10 on: 17 / October / 2012, 15:59:19 »
Advertisements
I took another sd card and formatted this with the app on Apple (FAT32, bootable). Then I copied the CHDK dir and the DISKBOOT.BIN from the bin dir to the root dir and locked the sdcard.

Now when booting, the main light doesn't blink and nothing happens. When play is pressed, the back led blinks a couple of times, the Canon startup screen is shown (left this on), then the screen goes black and nothing happens after that.

So far, no one confirmed that the files I'm copy from the build dir are the correct ones or whether I need more.
On the card, I have:
- DISKBOOT.BIN
- complete CHDK dir + contents

Ideas?

Offline nafraf

« Reply #11 on: 17 / October / 2012, 16:21:59 »
If you run
Code: [Select]
make PLATFORM=a3400 PLATFORMSUB=101a firzipsubcomplete you'll get a file named: a3400-101a-1.2.0-xxxx-full.zip  inside bin directory.  It contains all the files required.  Unzip it in your SD-Card and try again.

But maybe the problem is in the port. So a better debug is necessary.

« Reply #12 on: 17 / October / 2012, 17:17:21 »
Allright. Just updated subversion and found some new files. I recopied all files from your svn to the chdk build dir. I now unzipped all files from the full zip files on the card. Same thing as before. When pressing play, Canon boot logo shows, then screen goes black. The main button doesn't seem to do anything, zoom does not open as usual.

what can I do to debug?   Do you have an a3400is where this does work?

Note that also I haven't been able to get the firmware info to show up, nor with ver.req or vers.req, or either of those with card locked or unlocked. That should be Func+Disp right? Keep Func pressed, then press Disp and it shows?

Offline nafraf

« Reply #13 on: 17 / October / 2012, 19:35:19 »
what can I do to debug?   Do you have an a3400is where this does work?
You can start finding the LED address, then you can use LEDs to follow the code.  This post discusses about it

I don't have an a3400, it was a blind port.

Note that also I haven't been able to get the firmware info to show up, nor with ver.req or vers.req, or either of those with card locked or unlocked. That should be Func+Disp right? Keep Func pressed, then press Disp and it shows?
It seems that ver*.req method does not work in cameras released on this year.

Offline nafraf

« Reply #14 on: 17 / October / 2012, 23:34:00 »
@gtoonstra
I found an error in boot.c.  Please update files from my personal svn, compile and test again.

« Reply #15 on: 17 / October / 2012, 23:52:44 »
I found an error in boot.c.
I really hate it when that happens to me ....
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #16 on: 18 / October / 2012, 10:44:29 »
@gtoonstra
I found an error in boot.c.  Please update files from my personal svn, compile and test again.

This time it's different and the behavior for play button or normal power on button looks 100% similar. On power on, the green LED blinks 6 times, then a short pause, then another blink and the screen shows "No Image". The 6 blink period seems regular, but it's slightly irregular especially between the 4-6th blink. It's about half a second.

What's next?

Offline nafraf

« Reply #17 on: 18 / October / 2012, 11:24:33 »
This time it's different and the behavior for play button or normal power on button looks 100% similar. On power on, the green LED blinks 6 times, then a short pause, then another blink and the screen shows "No Image". The 6 blink period seems regular, but it's slightly irregular especially between the 4-6th blink. It's about half a second.
"No image" appears because there is no photos in your sd-card :)
Does camera crash after booting?
Have you seen the CHDK logo? Some functions are disabled, some it could take some seconds to appear.
  What happens if you press the ALT button [>]?

« Reply #18 on: 18 / October / 2012, 11:30:34 »
...and the screen shows "No Image". The 6 blink period seems regular, but it's slightly irregular especially between the 4-6th blink. It's about half a second.
"No image" appears because there is no photos in your sd-card :)
Does camera crash after booting?
Have you seen the CHDK logo? Some functions are disabled, some it could take some seconds to appear.
  What happens if you press the ALT button [>]?
Ok. I put a photo in there and it's showing up. Note that behavior for normal powerup and > button is the same, so it seems to go to photo demo in both cases. Lens does not extend on normal powerup.

Presssing the > button does nothing. When starting in play mode, pressing > again turns off the camera as it used to do before.

In Play mode, when pressing menu, I see the menu, but this is only accessible up to 3-4 seconds. Then the screen freezes and it seems to have crashed.

LED's are as described in all cases, including normal power up.

Offline nafraf

« Reply #19 on: 18 / October / 2012, 11:40:40 »
Ok. I put a photo in there and it's showing up. Note that behavior for normal powerup and > button is the same, so it seems to go to photo demo in both cases. Lens does not extend on normal powerup.
That's normal.  A short press of powerup button start camera in play mode. A long press, in rec mode.

LED's are as described in all cases, including normal power up.
The code is not doing nothing for LED debug, so it should be the normal startup sequence.

I'll check the code and I'll send a compiled version by e-mail. The problem could be in ALT button definition.

I asked before. Did you see CHDK logo?